• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

shoofly

sparkplug

Here are a few pics of insects/snake food......I know....not for corns.

longlegfly.jpg

Going in for food.

hovernet1.jpg

The eagle has landed.

hoverflyonflower11.jpg

Poor little guy lost his wing. I was wondering why he wasn't camera shy. I didn't notice till I got home and downloaded the image.

flynov45.jpg

Those pics are incredible...something I'd put on my wall (o:

Thanks for the kind words. I am just a novice at taking macro. Some of the better photographers on the web have truly amazing pics. If you would like the originals that are about 4 megabites, I could always email them to you. Posting these pics here does not allow me to post them with the detail they were actually taken in.

Wow, I love the fact that you can even see the details of the eyes...amazing. Very cool shots, keep up the good work!

Very cool. I love the one, flying. They look like little jewels.

Great detail on your photos... I wish I had a camera that good... Beautiful pics...

Wow, I love the fact that you can even see the details of the eyes...amazing. Very cool shots, keep up the good work!

Thanks everyone! It is funny I posted these pics and they are from last year and today I got my first shots the hover flies this spring. This must have brought me some good luck. They are still very tiny ( less than a 1/4 of an inch ) but they should be full grown adults in no time and much easier to shoot. Here is a shot from today. And RavenSpirit360 it is not the camera, it is the lens and lots and lots of practice.

hoverfly2010.jpg

Back