• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shortest possible gestation time?

SnakeNutt

Does anyone know what the shortest possible gestation time period is for a female corn (from breeding to egg-laying)? I bred a female on 4/29 (she'd never been exposed to a male before), and she appears to be in the process of laying eggs. She laid one slug a week ago (May 19), another slug the next day (May 20), then nothing until this morning. So far, she has laid one very small egg that I think is good (not yellowish, and dry, not slick), and she has three more larger bulges near her vent (larger than the slugs she laid last week). If she does lay any good eggs, however, that would mean her gestation time was only 28 days. Is that even possible?

I have a girl that lays after about 25 days every year. Her second clutch takes a bit longer, but she is always early with her first. My first time lav also laid after 25 days this year. Made it even harder to wait for the clutch I was really excited about...she took 40 days and I was afraid she was gonna explode she was so snausage like (its a Willy Wonka type word I like to use :p )

Back