• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shoud i do somthing about this

Sunglow Cornsnake

Yellew and red, no dread.
My corn snake Samantha (or sam) Is very relaxed, or lazy. The snake is not really active. My snake has been like this for along time and i never really was thinking that it was a proplem until now. She seems to be very in active and she is now about to shed. Do you think my snake is lazy. And if she is then should i exercises it???

Opps. Did i say she was about to shed. Silly me she is NOT about to shed and she is not very active. I never see her move around in her tank.

Thanks roy. But how long should the handling be?

If she's a well-established feeder, then you can hold her as much as you like (except for the 72 hours following feeding). Hold her 20-30 minutes each session, or longer if you want. But if you're feeding her appropriately (not too much), and she has enough room to cruise around if she wants to, you probably don't have to worry about her "laziness" anyway.

Sitting around is what they're best at. Being cold-blooded animals, their most precious resource is energy, so they don't waste it on unnecessary movement. Hence they like to stay still a lot in captiviy as the things they need (food, water, safety, correct temps) are all laid on by The Management and within easy reach.

If you're really worried and it looks like she's becoming overweight or out of condition, do you think your feeding schedule could bear slowing down a bit? If you want to encourage hunting behaviour, you might try delaying feeding by a few days and see if she starts to come out looking for food.

One fuzzy a week should be fine. I don't think I'd change the feeding schedule and you're not over-feeding. I think you just have a couch-potato on your hands!

Snakes are just mellow how long have you had her? Mine tend to be fairly shy for the first couple of months then they get used to everything and I will catch them out and about now and then. Although each one has a diffrent personality some are more social and out and about then others.

Back