• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

should i be concerned?

Garteaser4

Okay a few weeks ago i made a post bout how my blue beauty rat snake has been staying in her new limb that is hollow inside and hasnt come out. I changed her viv. because it was two small and i got some new things for her inside. the limb is a very cool looking thing with leaves and stuff on it but its hollow inside and has an opening. it was suggested to me, not to worry bout it and when she comes out stuff the limb up so she cant get back in. so i did that a few times but every time i do it she finds a way inside through my stuffing. i dont know how she does it. and this has happened a few times. so i take the stuff out so she can get out easily and now shes been in there for awhile, and i dont know if i should be concerned about this at all. another reason y i changed the viv is because i changed up the substrate also. i decided to change the substrate becasue i had her in a coconut bedding that needs to get watered down to keep up the humidity. the humidity needs to be high enough for that type of rat snake because they sometimes have trouble shedding. during one of her sheds she got moisture inside her skin and it hardened up and i had to buy some shed eaze to get the bad scales off. i didnt want to keep encountering this problem so i got a similar substrate called repti bark. know im just worried and i dont see her snoopin around her cage much so i just wanted to see what you guys thought on the situation. any insight??

Garteaser4 said:
any insight??
It sounds like most of your problems are caused by stuff you bought (decorations, substrate, etc). Just keep it simple.
Next time you're running low on paper towels, dump your viv out, line it with paper towels and put the roll in for a hide. Add a couple of small cardboard boxes. Mist the cage, change the ventilation, and/or change the size of the water bowl until you get a good handle on the humidity. The cage is going to be ugly, but it will work, and your snake will thank you.

Give the plastic tree back to the snake once its to big to fit inside. Use reptibark once you have a good handle on the humidity, etc...

yeah im really not sure what the problem is because she does eat fine and isnt refusing meals, and there is another hide in her viv. its her old one, and i have her old water dish in there also, and it is in approx. the same position and spot as her old cage. she just doesnt come out as much ne more

Back