• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Should I Be Worried?..

stormi

:shrugs:hello, this is my third day on this site(found a lot of very useful info and people) and I've heard allot of people talk about how there snakes venture around there Viv and explores....mine doesn't do that..he only seems to come out when i take him out...is this normal...is he just inactive?..I've had him for about 3 weeks...he eats when i feed him...and occasionally drinks when i hold him over his water bowl.....any info is welcomed

thnx :shrugs:

hello welcome to the forums, my snake use to do the same thing he is probably just coming out at night when you asleep so i dont think you have to be worried

Reptiles take a little while to get used to their new digs, especially little ones. Did you give the snake a settling in period when you brought him home?

I usually leave them alone for at least a week to ten days, especially hatchlings. The little guys aren't as tolerant of repeated handling as older snakes. Remember that at such a young age, your snake is relying solely on instinct. In their eyes, you are just one of many big scary doers-of-harm and their flight or fight response is in overdrive. Often they choose the former and make themselves scarce during daylight hours. :)

i let him sit for abouy 3 days...should i just leave him alone for a week?.p.s thanks for all the help

Stormi...

As CAV pointed out...just leave the little one be for about a week. One of the toughest things for new Corn owners is to resist the urge to handle the snake, tap it's container to make sure it's alive, take it out and make it be a "hands on pet".

There's no perfect answer...72 hours, 10 days etc. Several of my Corns hide 80% of the time, this includes Adult snakes. They only venture out when all is calm and quiet or I'm about to feed them. I have a very "let them do their own thing" attitude with them.

Not all of them wish to be "display" pets. It's something you learn as time goes by. Some like to be out and about all the time, some are going to stay under cover a lot. :)

its all right, you dont have to worrie. i hvae had my snake for about 10 months. i have found mine out of hide about 10-15 times. they come out at night. plus your is only a hatchling soit most lickly wont come out as much

yeah pritty much all the snakes i got didnt come out when i got them. well they did just at night though when all is quiet.

i thought i might have handeld them a little to much so i left them alone for around a week. that solved the problem after that week of no handeling they started to come out during the day a little more. when its noisy they tend to hide away someware nice and quiet and dark though.

the one corn i have is pritty cool though at first he hid all the time now he is in view all the time strange heh? he sits in a shaded corner ontop of a statue i got him looking all smug.

Bubbles said:
yeah pritty much all the snakes i got didnt come out when i got them. well they did just at night though when all is quiet.

i thought i might have handeld them a little to much so i left them alone for around a week. that solved the problem after that week of no handeling they started to come out during the day a little more. when its noisy they tend to hide away someware nice and quiet and dark though.

the one corn i have is pritty cool though at first he hid all the time now he is in view all the time strange heh? he sits in a shaded corner ontop of a statue i got him looking all smug.
yea thanks 4all the help guys! :wavey:

Back