• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Should I feed?

testdasi

The smaller one of my 2 rescued snakes is constantly pacing its new home (the big fat one just found a corner to sleep :spinner: , my scaredy cat motley is burrowing out of sight).

From what I read, I think that means she's hungry which is kinda consistent with the previous owner's description that the fat one likes to snatch food away from the small one.

Problem is I also read that I should let the snake settle down in the tank for at least 3 days before feeding.

Should I feed? :shrugs:

She isn't going to starve in three days. I'd let her settle for three days, at a minimum. Pacing also indicates looking for an escape route. And if you fed a snake every time it became active and was "hunting," you'd end up with an obese snake.

I agree. She's just exploring.

However, if I fed my corns every time they were active, I'd have DEAD snakes! :laugh:

The smaller one of my 2 rescued snakes is constantly pacing its new home ...... From what I read, I think that means she's hungry
I agree with posts above - what you've read is wrong.

We usually recommend leaving new arrivals for a week before handling or feeding. The settling in process is a critical time for them. It's easier to be patient and wait to feed, than potentially spend weeks dealing with the consequences of a regurge.

Am i reading this wrong, are these 3 all i one viv...???
The previous owner posted a classified ad for 2 snakes so I went to see. Both were housed in the same viv despite one is like 3 times larger than the other. She told me the fat one usually try to snatch food away from the small one (and that's why the small one was smaller).
They are now in separate enclosures. No worry! :dancer:

I agree with posts above - what you've read is wrong.

We usually recommend leaving new arrivals for a week before handling or feeding. The settling in process is a critical time for them. It's easier to be patient and wait to feed, than potentially spend weeks dealing with the consequences of a regurge.
Thank you. That's why I asked to be sure. :bowdown:

I agree. She's just exploring.
However, if I fed my corns every time they were active, I'd have DEAD snakes! :laugh:
Thank you. She's now resting inside her hide.

She isn't going to starve in three days. I'd let her settle for three days, at a minimum. Pacing also indicates looking for an escape route. And if you fed a snake every time it became active and was "hunting," you'd end up with an obese snake.
Thank you. She might be wondering "what happened to the fat guy I used to live with?" :rofl:

She might be wondering "what happened to the fat guy I used to live with?"
Actually, you may have a point.

In order to co-hab, Corns have to adjust their natural behaviours. After being split up, some ex-cohabbers go through a period of adjustment back the other way as they get used to living alone and not competing for everything (including food?! I can't believe the former owner did that - thank goodness they're with you now).

The previous owner posted a classified ad for 2 snakes so I went to see. Both were housed in the same viv despite one is like 3 times larger than the other. She told me the fat one usually try to snatch food away from the small one (and that's why the small one was smaller).
They are now in separate enclosures. No worry! :dancer:

Thank god you have those snakes. I can't believe that she was feeding them in the same viv too? That poor little baby, you are going to see him grow with leaps and bounds now.

Back