• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

should it look like this?

bryansnake

ok. I'm looking at my snake, and I'm wondering if she is how the transition from body to tail should look, or is she's big because she needs to poop and hasn't/can't. and I say can't, cause I've only seen her poop once since I've had her. I've looked in the viv but haven't seen or smelt anything. as far as I can guess, she's about 8-10 months old and 16 inches.

picture.php
[/IMG]

looks pretty normal to me. snakes, especially ones that small, can hide their poo pretty well, especially if you're using the recommended aspen bedding.

i had the same sort of problem and it got me thinking was my corns ok so iv now stopped using aspen and started to use news paper that way i can see they are all going to the loo as they should be

Looks totally normal :3 younger snakes ive always found have a touch of that "baby fat" as well, and because their skin is little more elastic when they are small they tend to have a little bit of pudge *tickles* so cuute!

i had the same sort of problem and it got me thinking was my corns ok so iv now stopped using aspen and started to use news paper that way i can see they are all going to the loo as they should be

I think in 99% of the cases of never seeing poop, everything is fine! You don't need to deprive your snake of burrowing as instinct dictates just so you can monitor poop...

I tried the warm bath around the same time as the picture, and she didn't poop. mind you, it had been 5 days since her last feeding since then. and she's only being fed 1/2 pinkies at the moment due to her spitting something up a couple weeks ago. She's eating normally, being active when I'm not looking/not around, (got home from work 40 minutes ago, dark room. used a flashlight and found her climbing her tank a little. 1 day after feeding too.) and all round seeming normal. I just wanted to ask, as she never had that look prier to her shed, and so I was like, "she looks different... is that normal?" but I guess it's all part of the growth process.

Back