• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sick python or not?

RainbowMary

This might be super paranoia but I love snakes so I care, ok I don't know much a bout pythons thus why I'm asking to make sure, my brother has a ball python and occasionally when it sticks its tongue out it leaves it out with the fork stuck together, it looks to unnatural to me because my corns never done it, or sometimes half the fork will just be hanging out not flickering or anything...... I hope to god its natural I just wouldn't like that to be a symptom that no one is noticing because my brother isn't very snake geeky like me..........shes also a little overweight aswell is that just as bad a problem with pythons as well as corns, he doesn't power feed her and ever time I suggest she is over weight he talks to me as if he knows better (as my brother does) he reckons she looks healthy.....I think she looks fat, feedback would be much appreciated thanks

I wouldn't be too worried about the tongue thing, that doesn't sound like a problem to me. Unless the tongue is damaged, how long does she usually leave it out for?

Royals are really heavy-bodied snakes, especially the females. How old is she, and has she ever been weighed?

for a couple of seconds it just looked weird because when she flickers her tongue normally its forked but then she has them stuck together just sitting out for about 10 seconds at first i thought she was dribbling, and she hasn't been weighed, I did think it wasn't as big of a problem, its just the fact you can grab fat at her side shes almost got "love handles" you can see where her spin is firm then goes to bulge either side.

Ball pythons are supposed to be "fat" looking. If they aren't its unhealthy. As for the tongue thing, ball pythons usually keep their tongues out a little longer than corns will, but I have never seen what you are describing.

Back