• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

simon

Paintdrops

An update on simon who is now around 3 months old, almost 9inches long. He is a feisty bugger. Every time i try to take him out of his cage, he literally has a hissy fit. Striking, tail rattling, and hissing. Things have been improving though since he has been spending about 2 hours a day out of his cage with me and i put put a piece of clothing in his cage. The other day i had a total doy moment. I got cloe my red tail boa out for feeding, and forgot to wash my hands after handling her so simon was not happy about that. Took me awhile to find out why he was acting so defensively.i had to facepalm lol. Alrighty, im done talking, here are some progression photos :p

Attachments

• 3953-1.jpg
    3953-1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 3958-1.jpg
    3958-1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 3969-1.jpg
    3969-1.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 3974-1.jpg
    3974-1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 3982-1.jpg
    3982-1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 73
If he doesn't seem stressed by it, it's probably fine, but a lot of babies would get stressed out from the long duration.

Hm, i didnt think about it. He seems fine. Most of that time i have him hanging out in my shirt. How do i tell if he is stressed from being out too long?

My first snake was always hanging out with me for hours on end. I think as long as he is still eating, not musking you all over, or trying to get away etc then the two hours is fine. If he does a lot of moving during that time though you may want to make sure he isn't losing weight!

If he's just hanging out in your shirt, then it's probably fine. I used to take my first snake out in my hoodie pocket for outings.

Oh yeah he is a great eater and no issues at all. Its a nice change from the problems i have with my last two corns who starved themselves to death :( but i havent noticed anything like what you guys have mentioned. He is difficult to take out of his cage but other then that he seems okay while he is out. Maybe ill shorten it a bit though until he gets older. Thank you guys

Back