• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Six Mile Cypress Slough Nature Preserve

airenlow

hope is not a strategy
Six Mile Cypress Slough Nature Preserve-Fort Myers, FL

DSC_0014_zpsd564cec3.jpg

DSC_0019_zpsba2b64a0.jpg

DSC_0026_zps3b742fd1.jpg

DSC_0029_zps57063829.jpg

DSC_0031_zps55831e5c.jpg

DSC_0034_zps07cf52b4.jpg

DSC_0039_zps93f2dfbe.jpg

DSC_0043_zps44ae93ed.jpg

DSC_0051_zpsf34058be.jpg

DSC_0053_zpsc0568163.jpg

That looks like a wonderful place to visit, thanks for sharing it Josh. Despite 1 warm day today we are still in the grip of cold weather here and seeing your photos has warmed me up a bit!

Really awesome pictures Josh! For a Canadian....These kinds of pics are really fascinating, wish we had this kind of wildlife!
What kinds of snakes are those?

Josh, are you still in Fort Myers? If so, I need to talk you into taking me and my kids herping. Been to 6 mile slough many times and never seen this many cool critters!

Back in Ohio now. That was a 2 hour stop on our way from Fort Myers Beach to Orlando.

90% of these were just sitting out in the open. :)

Nope, but I definitely wanted to snag a baby gator!

Just a word about this. If you pick up a baby gator and hear it making grunting noises, it's calling for it's momma. She's going to be PISSED, so be ready to beat feet.

I guess my kids and I aren't quiet enough or slow enough. :) thanks for sharing the pictures. It inspires me to get back out there and keep looking!

Back