• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Six New Babies

Thickscaled

Corny Snake woman
I've been waiting on these guys for a while now to get to me, they finally arrived today. I cannot wait. All of these are 2012 babies, the normal's I'm going to be playing with when they get older to test for Hets as they came to me unknown for any. Anywho enjoy these, I know I will :rofl:

Anery Motley (this gal is just breath-taking in person. So small and already so very brown)
IMG_8723.jpg

IMG_8722.jpg

Normal Motley
IMG_8725.jpg

Normal Pinstripe (I was told it was a stripe but when I got it, it looked more pinny to me)
IMG_8727.jpg

Normal
IMG_8728.jpg

Normal
IMG_8730.jpg

Normal
IMG_8733.jpg

Thank you very much, and the pin's I thought were Pinstripe Motley's so now I'm not sure. I've never had one before so I'm still learning.

A pinstripe is a motley but since the marking are stretched out to resemble a stripe they get called pinstripe motley's. It can and does confuse people. A pinstripe is NOT a stripe it is in fact a motley.

Very nice pick ups by the way. They are going to be lookers for sure.

Thank you for that, it helped clear my head a little on that. The Motley, Pinstripe Motley and Normal below that are the three males. The others are females.

Thank you kindly, I cannot wait to see them grow up.

A pinstripe is a motley but since the marking are stretched out to resemble a stripe they get called pinstripe motley's. It can and does confuse people. A pinstripe is NOT a stripe it is in fact a motley.

Very nice pick ups by the way. They are going to be lookers for sure.

Didnt relize thats what some people called them that first time ive heard it lol heres a pic of mine

DSCF4861.jpg

Didnt relize thats what some people called them that first time ive heard it lol heres a pic of mine

Very pretty baby! And yes the quite often get called that which I think is where the seller to the OP got confused (I think anyway) and called it a stripe. However yes you are right those snakes are motley's the pinstripe just explains that the motley pattern is stretched to look like they have stripes. You will also see some referred to as q-tip motleys. That is not as common but those are motleys that have little lines connecting the spots. It looks like your guy has a few q-tips-esque markings.

Very pretty baby! And yes the quite often get called that which I think is where the seller to the OP got confused and called it a stripe. However yes you are right those snakes are motley's the pinstripe just explains that the motley pattern is stretched to look like they have stripes. You will also see some referred to as q-tip motleys. That is not as common but those are motleys that have little lines connecting the spots. It looks like your guy has a few q-tips-esque markings.

Yer i think ive heard of q-tip been mentioned before not sure if mines also hypo or a normal will tell as both of them grow they seem quiet bright but it could just be down to the motley pattern and it been a young hatchling :)

Yer i think ive heard of q-tip been mentioned before not sure if mines also hypo or a normal will tell as both of them grow they seem quiet bright but it could just be down to the motley pattern and it been a young hatchling :)

It sure looks hypo to me from what I can see but yes motley does tend to take away the black and make normal motleys a little brighter.

I have a snake like that one too, it is my Anery Motley. I did some sexing today, since I remember the rule "all snakes you get will not be what you were told" and guess what... it was RIGHT. The Pinstripe was a female rather then the male I was told.... oh the plans I have for that one now that I know >3

I would sex again after they settle in. It is more common to miss sex a boy snake and call it a girl then sex it as a boy and have it actually be a girl. But that is a good rule of thumb.

I had a batch of snakes come to me that was sexed as two boys and two girls. I double checked them before setting them up and when I went to sex them again after eating and shedding for me I in fact had 3 boys and 1 girl. So not only did the breeder (who is well know and I trust) sex the snake wrong so did I the first time.

So being as how it had already been sexed a boy I would want to check at least one more time before being sure.

Didn't even think of that, I saw two bright red dots staring at me so I felt fairly safe. I'll do it again in about a week to double check. Ether way, I see many things in this young one's future =D

Back