• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

size of sterlite tubs

mr man

Hello everybody can someone please help me out, now im in the process of building a rack for a colony of 1.4 corn snakes. Can someone recommend what size sterlite quart i should use to house them comfortably ? Snakes will be housed seperatly.

thanks in adv

mr man said:
Can someone recommend what size sterlite quart i should use to house them comfortably ? Snakes will be housed seperatly.
Anything from 28 quart up that has at least the same floor space as a 20 gallon tank.

Woot! I am trying to build a rack as well. However I cannot find the materials I need. Heat tape is one and so is the type of finish on the wood. I think its called melanin? lol I can't remember. Anyways good luck with your rack. You should post pics when you are done. Its not really about how many gallons the container can hold but mostly the amount of surface area there is on the floor of the container.

Many house theirs in 28/32 qt tubs (both have same floor area), but I personally just believe those are too small. I opt for the 41 qt tubs for my adults and shoe box size ones for hatchlings up to yearlings. Once they get to be about 2 ft, they go into the big tubs or display vivs.

Here's a shot of mine:

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 89
Okeetee_Corn_Snakes said:
Woot! I am trying to build a rack as well. However I cannot find the materials I need. Heat tape is one and so is the type of finish on the wood. I think its called melanin? lol I can't remember. Anyways good luck with your rack. You should post pics when you are done. Its not really about how many gallons the container can hold but mostly the amount of surface area there is on the floor of the container.

Melanin is a skin pigment in people of colour :) . Melamine is the wood you are thinking of. Fairly inexpensive, essentially sawdust compacted with a laminate coating.

There are some great threads on how to build them so just do a little searchiung for some ideas.

I don't know how many quarts it is but I'm using 33x16x6 tubs in my rack. Check it out in my sig.

I have mine in 32 qt. tubs. I snapped a picture of Kingsley's home to give you an idea. Thought it'd be good for you to see an adult in a 32 qt for comparison. He wasn't very happy at me for taking his hide away for the picture :p.

Attachments

• Kingsley's home.jpg
    Kingsley's home.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 66
I have an animal plastics rack and I use the Sterlites.
Tubs.......Sterilite Box 1754(15qt) and Sterlite Box 1756(32qt). You can find these at target.

Rack.jpg

OK guys I can get a good deal on some 35 qt Sterlite tubs from a friend, it falls right between 32 qts & 41 qt tubs. I think thats a fair size, but if needed I will upgrade. what do you guys think ?

Back