• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sizing question

ekans

Hello,

I will be getting a corn snake soon and wanted to ask kind of a newb question...I'm trying to get a feel for how large the adults are. Don't worry, I'm ready to handle any size he or she grows to, I'm simply curious. If you don't mind posting pictures of you with your adult, fully grown corn snake, I would really appreciate it :D

As well as some tips for beginners like me!

In English terms it's 4-5 feet i believe, not so sure on that one. 1,50meters in European terms, sure on that one ^^

Even a very large corn doesn't get much bigger that 5 feet and 2 lbs. This is mine wrapped around my 8 year old daughter's arm. He's 49 1/2" and almost 500 grams.

picture.php

Hello,

I will be getting a corn snake soon and wanted to ask kind of a newb question...I'm trying to get a feel for how large the adults are. Don't worry, I'm ready to handle any size he or she grows to, I'm simply curious. If you don't mind posting pictures of you with your adult, fully grown corn snake, I would really appreciate it :D

As well as some tips for beginners like me!

Tips..well there are alot of tips that I and others can tell you ;) You just got to direct a question in a certain area.

Here is a few tips tho...

If you want to weigh your snake every now and then..try something like this. It will also help with appropriate food size.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Biggest-Loser-Digital-Food-Scale-6.6-lb.-Capacity/11090896

Also make sure to feed right size, http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50106

Mind If I ask a picture of your set up if you have it? What will you be using? ;)

I would say 3-5 feet, some don't get much bigger than 3 feet. I however can't show you a picture of mine as mine is only 1.5 years old lol

Back