• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Skin left from shed?

dr82692

Hey guys. My 3 and a half month old amel motley is doing great. He has eaten very well, responds well enough to handling for a hatchling, even sitting relatively still in my hand for a few minutes at a time sometimes. He's very active and always climbs on his branches. of course his primary purpose for this is to do his ritualistic pushing on the screen lid :p. Anyway, he shed about two weeks ago, and i didn't really notice anything wrong. He seemed to have shed it cleanly and completely. Lately however, I'm noticing what appears to be a small piece of skin peeling on top of his head. Obviously for a small baby, its almost impossible to get anywhere near his head, let along touch it, so I haven't really even felt if it could come off easy, but its been about a week since i've been seeing it, so it must be on relatively good. Any ideas what this is? Should I just wait till the next shed to see if it comes off? Here's a picture I tried to take of it. Not the greatest because he obviously didn't want to stay still.

Attachments

• 232323232%7Ffp633 9)nu=6475) ;;)257)WSNRCG=32( 369;65348nu0mrj.jpg
    232323232%7Ffp633 9)nu=6475) ;;)257)WSNRCG=32( 369;65348nu0mrj.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 24
You can follow the instructions in the sticky at the top of this section and see if you can soak it off.

Back