• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Small pinks Should I feed 2???

TigerLilyLeos

Mom of 2 and a Zoo
Hi I'm new at this whole thing so bear with me please. Last night I fed my new snake for the first time. before hand I weighed her (4.9 g) and got length of about 10.5 inches. I had 6 frozen pinkies, supposed to be 2+ grams, I weighed them 1 at a time to sort out the sizes, and 2 were only 1.5g, 2 were 1.8, 1 was 2 and another was like 2.1, but anyways, I thawed and fed one of the 1.5g ones, at 6pm last night she ate it great with no problems, well this morning I checked on her and its only been @15 hours and i really can't see much if any bump.

my question is since these pinkie are so small should I feed her the 2 smallest ones 1.5g and 1.8g next time I feed?? I don't want to over do it but I want her to get enough,
here is a pic of her and the pinkie it doesn't look 1.5 times her diameter to me what do you guys think? the other pic is from this morning and what I think is the bump its the best I could find anyways

Attachments

• Corn-Bump.jpg
    Corn-Bump.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 36
  • pinkiesize.jpg
    pinkiesize.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks, I actually already had that chart saved as a word document :)
I guess I'm just unsure of what I'm doing lol, the only other snake I've ever fed is our 5 foot adult male snow at school and it is obvious that the mice he's eating are not an issue. i guess I'm just paranoid to make sure I take care of her the best I can

You sound pretty normal to me and you're doing fine, just don't try to over analyse everything, relax a little :)

She is only 4.9g? She looks lots bigger then that! Snakes are hard to gauge size from pictures--but I find my little ones hard to wiegh because they are so squirmy.

She is only 4.9g? She looks lots bigger then that! Snakes are hard to gauge size from pictures--but I find my little ones hard to wiegh because they are so squirmy.

Have you tried weighing a box/deli cup with a lid, then weigh the snake in the box, then subtract the weight of the box? I find that easier and it doesn't stress them as much, because I'm not constantly trying to retrieve them :)

I put the tare on and then put them in the cup, with the lid on, but because they are pushing up at the lid and moving around the weight flicks back and forth between different weights.

Back