• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake Adventures?

Razorblade Jinx

Had your snakes been getting into something weird lately? Do tell.

Here’s Circe’s latest escapade. She has become a master of climbing down and up various surfaces. She will curl her body tightly around a pole or stick and ease her way down and she will crawl on the teeny ridges between bricks on our fireplace and apparently all this is no longer “exiting”. So here’s the latest “fad”. Going UP. Not just up, mind you, but up on a perfectly vertical service. Such as up a smooth shiny pole (like a floor lamp).

So today I couldn’t sleep for the life of me (for some reason, more on that later) and I got up around 3am and took her out. I went to the bathroom with her to let her crawl around and what does she do? She (on floor) heads for the corner of the two walls and proceeds to climb up! She got past her normal 2/3ds of the body up but kept going until she was supportig all her weight by her itty bitty little tale. And then she went further. Now how the hell does a snake climb a vertical smooth wall? I don’t know how but she did it! (oh she kept falling of course, but she got rather good where she can get to the sinks!). I am so proud!

Back