• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snake allergies....?

I would think your going to be more susceptable to the bedding and cleaners as opposed to the actual snake.. Mind you, thats not a gaurentee eithier, I am alergic to cows, but spent very minimal time on any cattle farm or ranch ( maybe two whole visits in my life time ), go figure huh..

Regards..

ok im not allergic to anything so far lol. im just trying to figure out a way to make reptiles unable to be baned from apartments (talk abouthigh goals) lol. but i realy want to set a list of stuff for my land load to look at so i can get 1.

Just get a snake already and stop worrying about your landlord. Landlords are not allowed to just randomly bust into your apartment whenever they want. They have to give notice and they cannot snoop. So, if you know the landlord is coming, put the snake and viv under the bed or in the closet and lookie there, problem solved.

Don't we just love disobeying! :crazy02: I know I do! JK! But yeah, I totally agree, I would get one anyways and just hide it when the man in charge came around. My bro and his mom are doing that with a cat in their house! LOL! Anyways...it's too addictive to not feed the hunger. I'm getting mine soon! I'll prolly have more by the middle of next year even though I had to like, beg for this one!....Just do it!

I can't imagine that there's too much problem with allergies. Most people are allergic to the proteins in the saliva, or the dander from the skin of the animal they're exposed to. Unless you get bitten, there's little chance of saliva exposure with a snake. They don't groom themselves. Dander is not a real problem either as they don't have hair or even the same skin that we do.

guys if it were that easy.... my dad said cant get it less the landlord aproves, bcuz its disobeying the law.lol
idiot.

hediki said:
guys if it were that easy.... my dad said cant get it less the landlord aproves, bcuz its disobeying the law.lol
idiot.
well if the landlord has said that no animals are allowed at all...then you probably need his approval...but if its only cats and dogs that arent allowed then you should be fine...my appartment doesnt allow cats and dogs...but i never asked if i could have any either and if i did i probably would have gotten a no :shrugs:

Well... as of last night, I KNOW you can be allergic to snake poo ~,~ Treasure blessed me!! And I got a SUPER nasty welt and ohhhh does it itch!! Gotta love hydrocortizone cream =) Don't think having yucky poo will change a landlords mind.. afterall.. its poo... its always yucky.

My landlord said no pets and when I further inquired she said "nothing with legs". So I win by default there!! HAHA

Well I am sort of busted.. When I first moved in they said no exotic pets.. Exotic meaning what Something not from North America? Corns are indigenous to North Amercia so I din't think they are exotic, but the BP's might be a cause for concern.. *lol*

Regards

another way with landlords is to ask if you can have an aquarium..... most of them won't ask what's in the aquarium! hehehehe
I lived in a trailer park once, it said NO PETS everywhere... but when I asked if a small rabbit and a gerbil and a cockatiel were ok, the landlords said no problem.. they just didn't want dogs and cats and large birds (messy and noisy).. and they told me just make sure nothing escaped!
So it never hurts to ask...

My townhome complex has a 'no pets' rule. The bylaws define 'pets' as cats and dogs. This is one case where the narrow-mindedness of people in terms of what counts as a 'pet' works in my favor...

-Kat

Oh... and to speak to the original topic... I'm not allergic to snakes, but to their food...
And I've got a snake who's allergic to aspen. ;)

-Kat

Kat said:
And I've got a snake who's allergic to aspen. ;)

-Kat

really? allergic to aspen? what's the symptom? does he/she sneeze/swell/redden? i just want to know in case my snake is allergic and i don't even know!

nsmar4211 said:
another way with landlords is to ask if you can have an aquarium..... most of them won't ask what's in the aquarium! hehehehe
I lived in a trailer park once, it said NO PETS everywhere... but when I asked if a small rabbit and a gerbil and a cockatiel were ok, the landlords said no problem.. they just didn't want dogs and cats and large birds (messy and noisy).. and they told me just make sure nothing escaped!
So it never hurts to ask...

This is the route I would go. Landlords don't want to hear any complains from other tennets about noise and such, also they don't want any damage done.

I can understand your father point, being one. That it's more important to have a home than a snake. He also might thing that he's going to have to take care of it. Just guessing.
Anyway, good luck to you.

Back