• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake choosing to hide

JadasMommi

First time snake owner
Hello all! I am a little concerned with Jada. As usual, I'm sure i am just over re-acting, but my pets are my babies. I always know when something isn't right, and since Im a first time snake owner, i just need some assurance.
Usually, Jada is quite the socialite, always resting on her "tree" or on top of her little rock hut. (not real rock or heated) But lately all she does is stay hidden, or buried in the bedding. Is she preparing for a shed? Or is she simply not feeling well? When i handle her, she acts just fine, and is quite thrilled to come out and explore/play. All her heating/cooling aspects are just fine, nothings been adjusted nothings been touched with, as everything is just as it should be. Any idea's on why she is choosing the bury herself so much? :shrugs:
Thanks all! You're simply the best!

Nanno

She might feel more secure being buried in the substrate, corns will sometimes do this if their hides are too big/not tight fitting enough, as they like to feel their hides touching their bodies.

They will also hide more when getting ready to shed, as they feel more vulnerable at this time because their eyesight is impaired by the loosening eyecaps.

Or she could just feel more settled in her enviroment and doesn't feel the need to constantly explore her viv now. Corns are secretive by nature, so it is quite normal for them to spend most of their time hidden :)

I'm sure she is just fine :)

Well, unlike yesterday, she is now fogged up with paleness as she begins her first shed! I am sure this is why she's been acting so out of character! Her hides are thankfully not over large, and are just right for her at this point in her adorable life :) I am getting anxious now for her to sucessfully come out of her first shed :) Hopefully, all will go well :)

Shed or not, hiding is pretty common. I dont see my guys unless I am a day or two late to feed and their hungry.

Back