• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snake egg roll

dw662002

no this is not an oriental recipe or anything. i understand that you are not to roll or turn a snake egg but what do you do when the snake laying them rolls them? i didnt want to remove the eggs until she was done but i checked on her and noticed the eggs were in a different location then before. i went on and took them and put them in the bator but i am not sure if they will make it .

They will be fine, if they were fertile to begin with. I can't lay my hands on the study at the moment, but experiments have been done with turning eggs at a prescribed interval and with mailing eggs around the country which showed that eggs can withstand a lot more rough treatment that we have historically been led to believe. You want to disturb the eggs as little as possible, just to be safe, and they are more likely to be harmed at the end of incubation rather than the beginning, but as long as you start them out in as close an approximation of how the female laid them as you can, and don't do anything drastic with them as they are incubating, you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

Back