• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake in blue

Morticia

Well , my snake is in the blue for almost 2 days..
Is it normal that he almost doesn't move when he is in the blue?
because , normally he is 'very' active.. but now.. he just lays there on his hiding , beneath his plants..

Now I'm typing this message.. I will ask my other question also here..
what is the duration of the blue phase ? because it is the first time since I bought him..
Greetings

Next to just being fed, the blue phase is usually one of the snakes most secretive times (i.e. they're more vulnerable prior and during ecdysis). It depends on the snake, usually for my amel it takes 4-5 days to a week and a half after her blue phase to actually shed. A humid hide is always a good idea to let your snake get the humidity it needs. I just have an empty margerine container that I turn upside down, leave the lid on and just cut an entry/exit hole and then cover the bottom in moist paper towel(leaving the cover on keeps the moisture in, but if it does dry out after a few days just moisten it again).

Well , my humidity is not a problem at all..
I think it is even to much..: 54-60 % !
the day before yesterday , I had put a little plate of water with some spagnum moss around it in his viv, but then the humidity was 66%.. So I took the plate out and I've put the moss around his drinking 'box'..
and now it is 58 %..
I think he is now in the blue for 2-3 days.. because at the beginning it wasn't SO blue as it is now.. but it was blurry..

Thanks for your help btw!

Well , his eyes are normal again!
Hope he will have a complete chedding for his first time he's with me..
otherwise , I know what to do, I've read and learned a lot on this forum :D

Morticia said:
Well , his eyes are normal again!
Hope he will have a complete chedding for his first time he's with me..
otherwise , I know what to do, I've read and learned a lot on this forum :D

Good for you! I'll cross my fingers for you and Seth!

By the way; your avatar looks like Seth is eating a thumb!

Back