• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake in my walls - adventures of captain howdy

Punk

So, Captain Howdy my applegate albino gopher snake has been missing for three weeks. Just recently I noticed that one of my cats, Banksy had taken a liking to a particular door frame that has a gap underneath soon. Peeking under the doorframe with a flash light I soon found Captain Howdy's hiding place and figure he had to be starving.

I departed to the pet store with the intentions of buying a live meal for him, but left with a dwarf hamster in hand since there were no mice available and the exotic pet store had been closed at this time of his discovery.

I decided to try to lure him out using the hamster, and things did not go so well as the hamster soon looked like something from a cannibal corpse album cover :puke02: (I felt horrible). I left the dead hamster out over night after having a tug o war with the snake and hoped that he would come out later to eat it so that I could capture him. This soon lead to me having to cut holes into my dry wall for better access. Two days, and one live mouse later (he actually pulled the mouse into the hole I had cut and ate the mouse inside my wall, I was an idiot for offering it so close) I ran out of ideas and hoped for the best that he would soon adventure out for some water. With one more attempt I heated up the hamster, and decided to offer it even though he had just eaten .... and sure enough he let greed get the best of him and had exposed himself for seconds just enough for me to grab him and throw him back into his enclosure. Colubrids .... they're like little houdinis. Heres a pict7ure I scored of him while he was in the wall where I could not reach him.

10346224_741590209196208_6001934065521243642_n.jpg

10351753_741590189196210_1622840472815245307_n.jpg

heres when he pulled the mouse into the wall :///

LUCKILY hes still in his bin after all this nonsense

thanks guys! idk what id do without him in my collection, hes just too beautiful to lose :X sorry for all my typos in my original post as well ... just got my nails did you know idk how people function with fake nails

Back