• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snake rape!

oreo1700

close to 2 weeks ago my two okeetees mated for the first time. since then they mated four times with the last one being earlier today. the first 3 times were very succesful, the female was being cooperative. but today she was being very prude. my male was working at her like crazy but she wouldnt open up until he practically raped her and the mating was very short. is it time to stop mating?

No, means no!

If you've witnessed that many actual sessions, I'd say the task has probably been accomplished. Was the female ovulating?

Yah, snake rape can definitely happen. Last season my one male pushed in the scales of my females vent. It didn't look good and there was a bit of blood too though I don't know if it was from the female or the male.

yeah males can be pretty persistant. I had another male do that to a female of mine. We had him probed as a "she" so didn't worry about putting them together for a few minutes to clean out their cages. She turned around a struck at him, and he still wouldn't leave her alone. At least I know that she's a tough little girl for the most part! Needless to say, he didn't succeed...after about 2 seconds I figured that this wasn't normal "female" behavoir and seperated them, but to this day he does this to any snake. Even if I take him out and happen to be holding them, he will still try to breed right in my hands. He is one of the best breeders I have though. Never missed a mark yet that he was SUPPOSSED to hit. :)

im pretty sure that she was ovulating the back back of her body seemed fatter than normal and still does. i just hope she'll lay eggs when she's supposed to cuz i've been waiting for this for 3 years.

Urgh, my boys are too well raised. I have one boy that's done his job 4 times over and 2 other boys that get a polite 'no' and don't ask again...I wish they'd be a little more persistant!!!!

Funny, I seem to have a colony of rapist! Every male I have is wild caught, I wonder if that makes a difference. I certainly find wc's to be faster feeders...

Back