• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake regurge

xchris

*sigh* i have 4 snakes, a Hypo Corn, a Brooks Kingsnake, an albino cali kingsnake and a Jungle corn/king snake.

My girlfriend is the one who takes care of the albino and Jungle and well she doesn't like to listen to what i say so about 24 hours after feeding and still a noticeable lump she decided to handle both the jungle and the albino and both of them regurged, i have never had either of my snakes regurge so i dont know much about it, how long till i can feed them again and should i do anything special other then provide more water because i know it dehydrates them and that feeding too soon can cause another regurge because they are lacking digestive enzymes.

In a nutshell, how many days till i can feed safely and what else should i do special?

I am no expert but I usually give mine 3-4 days after feeding before I handle them just to be sure that they have digested everything.

If they do regurge I dont feed them for at least 10 days to give their stomach bacteria a chance to replenish. I am also told that giving them a pre killed prey item helps to replenish the bacteria much better than a frozen.

First of all, you're correct that the snake might've regurged due to stress (i.e. handling too early). Here's what you should do:

-Wait 10 days to feed again. During those 10 days, you should handle the snakes as little as possible, and only bug them for cage maintenance.
-The first feed should be a smaller than normal prey item. For instance, if a snake is on hoppers, feed a fuzzy. If the snakes are on pinkies, you can cut the head off of a pinky (gross, I know) and just feed that.
-There's something called "nutribac" which you can dust on the mice for the first few feedings. It helps restore the gut bacteria. Read about it HERE.
-For the second feeding, I usually still feed on the conservative side. Repeated regurges can be dangerous, so try to talk to your girlfriend about handling.

Good luck!

Back