• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snake rescues

snkhndlr

Thanks to all for the advice on my cornsnake. Sad to say, she may be getting a new home. I may have some folks interested in her. She seems to be nursed back to health and she's really not what I have been looking for.
What I really want is a ball python (young). I'm always interested in saving snakes though. So, if anyone in the northeast U.S. knows of snakes in need of rescue, please send me an E-mail.
It has been both an educational experience and a pleasure to be part of the forum here and I am looking forward to continue. :shrugs:

I'm sure someone here will be happy to take your cornsnake. I'm curious though, have you had lots of experience with sick snakes? Just your comment on being interested in saving them... Thank you for that. I sometimes work at a wildlife rescue shelter, so I know what's out there. There's always a shortage of being being able to help.

saving snakes

I have not had a lot of experience with snakes, but my friend is a herpetologist and has been teaching me. I've been fascinated with snakes for quite awhile. My son got a ball python and has raised him since it was a baby.
Snakes are majestic creatures and should be treated as such.
I do not tolerate cruelty to animals. I've been involved in rescuing many dogs before, so it's not hard to see how rescuing snakes is becoming a passion for me.
With the guidance of my friend, as well as literature and hands on training,
I believe I will be able to help snakes that have been abandoned, neglected, or just plain abused.
By the way, the folks that were going to take my corn changed their minds, so I'm happy to say she'll be with for at least awhile.

snkhndlr said:
I have not had a lot of experience with snakes, but my friend is a herpetologist and has been teaching me. I've been fascinated with snakes for quite awhile. My son got a ball python and has raised him since it was a baby.
Snakes are majestic creatures and should be treated as such.
I do not tolerate cruelty to animals. I've been involved in rescuing many dogs before, so it's not hard to see how rescuing snakes is becoming a passion for me.
With the guidance of my friend, as well as literature and hands on training,
I believe I will be able to help snakes that have been abandoned, neglected, or just plain abused.
By the way, the folks that were going to take my corn changed their minds, so I'm happy to say she'll be with for at least awhile.

Good job about rescueing animals!!! :-offtopic We rescued 10 chocolate lab x wienerimer mix pups from a house that were all infested with worms and a calico cat that they drop kick into the walls. It made me cry when I saw the cat on the ground and them laughing about it. :cry: We called the humane society and they got fined!!! YAHOOOO!!!!:dancer: :-offtopic

Huh....

It's interesting to see who responds to a SNAKE RESCUE thread. :rolleyes:

Back