• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake sheds

ken347

Corn Addict In Training
Alright I've done research and have found nothing. I am for some reason fascinated with how snake skins look. So what's some fun uses for them or are they just waste?

I donated most of ours to the kids art class. They can be used as a rubber stamp per say. Dipped in water color or paint and then pressed on paper to make the scale design. I haven't been back to see what they have all be used for.

Well that's one idea. Is there a way to preserve them I like the natural look of it

I throw them in the compost pile. They decomp really well, and I figure it's good for the soil although I have no scientific evidence to back that up.

Take them to a local nail salon. People are paying around $100 a hand to have snake shed manicures.. it's a new fad, so don't be surprised if no one takes them, but seriously, look it up. I'm collecting all my sheds now so I can try selling them.

I've made some cool book markers using them. Does anyone still read books, or just use Kindles now?! :)

Just take the head and neck portion, and flatten it out on a piece of white (or other color) cardboard, and cover with a piece of self-sticking laminate. You can use a hole punch on the top, and garnish with ribbon or yarn.

I gave them all away, so don't have any to take photos of.

Kathy

Okay, you know how some people hang fuzzy dice from their rear view car windows???? I save the really big, absolutely perfect sheds and hang them there. They last until the hubby switches cars with me and then he SHREDS them taking them down! Usually this happens a day after putting them up. ARRRGGHH! ( He's a lot taller than me and somehow they block his view! Everything is re-adjusted, the seat, the mirror, the MUSIC!)

By the way, they're great theft prevention for your car. Who is gonna break into your car with a snake skin in there? Is it really decoration or did a snake get inside???????;) Kept the snake phobic mechanic out!

Devon

I got an e-mail some time back on saving sheds for donations to an organization. Can't find the e-mail though.....I think USARK sent it or zoo med or something......

Back