• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake still has not defecated

RickNC

I have had my corn for about three weeks. He has ate three times already and still has not defecated. Is this normal?

My snakes tend to defecate within 4 days after feeding. I do know that they can sometimes get constipated, and I have seen others on this board recomend soaking the snake in water to promote "the act".

I am sure others can give you more specific advise.

-Tony

mulks said:
My snakes tend to defecate within 4 days after feeding. I do know that they can sometimes get constipated, and I have seen others on this board recomend soaking the snake in water to promote "the act".

I am sure others can give you more specific advise.

-Tony

I know my box turtle will go when soaked. Guess I will try it with the snake.

There's also the off chance it's a small snake? I know we never saw the business when Gordon was smaller, he's at about 7 months now and it's full on seagull sized...

I have a similar problem with my little snow. I will try to soak him and send you news later. :shrugs:

From what I have read and own (very short) experience, snakes need the correct temperature to help digest their food.
What temperature do you keep the tank?
I keep mine between 25C and 27C and she goes with 2-3 days.
Good luck!

If you hold him up to the light..can you see dark mass? If so, where is it? If it's still middlish..he may be constipated. Where do you feed him? If in the viv, is it possible he ate some substrate and is impacted?

A nice luke warm swim for a few minutes may help. I have one (a snow) that seemed to get a little constipated. Probably because he prefers the cool side, even though my temps on the warm side are perfect. After the soak, I lightly massage him. It seemed to do the trick.

Kathy

The dark spots were visible but not anymore. I feed him in a seperate container. The bath didn't do anything. He really was not happy with me afterwards lol

If your feeding it pinkys there really isnt much left when they do go. Might try doing a really good look around the viv and in the hide. And dont forget the water bowl.

What kind of bedding do you use? I found this stuff called Care Fresh Pet Bedding, and its almost like condensed cotton balls (? doesnt quite sound like what it is...) but it is white and when my snake goes its hard to spot them sometimes because of the color and because it gets absorbed into the fibers of the bedding...If the soaking didnt help I would say take it to your local reptile store and let them have a look and see what they say... Good Luck!!

RickNC said:
The dark spots were visible but not anymore. I feed him in a seperate container. The bath didn't do anything. He really was not happy with me afterwards lol

I would think that if it was visible but not anymore that the snake pooped and it was absorbed in the aspen. Stop looking for crap and enjoy your snake.

Good Luck :cheers:

Back