• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snake tank

cellz

Hi i have 2 corn's and im looking to buying them a new tank the one i got now is big enough i think as there snakes are 2 ft and the tank is about the same 1 ft deep and 1 1/2 height, but the bottom of my tank is cracked, so its time to get a new home for them

I want about a 3/4 ft tank with a sliding door front any1 know anything?

thanks

since somebody's going to ask...

are you keeping the snakes in the same tank? If so, you should get the second tank and separate the snakes. As long as there isn't an exposed edge to the glass or something like that, a crack in the bottom of the tank you have now isn't really an issue.

Why should i separate the snakes they have been living together since they were hatchlings with no problems so far.

I think it may make the snakes very ill and depressed if i was to separate them as they have made good friends together and look like they really do care for each other i knoiw it sounds daft but its true!

thanks

cellz said:
I think it may make the snakes very ill and depressed if i was to separate them as they have made good friends together and look like they really do care for each other i knoiw it sounds daft but its true!

Based on what? :rolleyes:

I mean what are you basing this idea that your snakes 'like' each other and will get 'very ill and depressed' if you were to separate them?

You said you've had them together since they were hatchlings. Housing hatchlings together for a time is fine, but as they get older, it's not a good idea. Do a search on "cohabitation" and see for yourself.

And besides, if they showed all of the emotions you're describing, why don't wild ones mate for life and live with each other?

Oh right well i feel a right evil cunt to separate them if u know what i mean ive seen quite afew corn snakes live with each other and lived happy lives also dont think ive got enough room for 2 tanks ;\

Back