• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snakeless Noob

ruraldean

Old and Getting Older
Hi.

I'm new here, and this is my second post, so almost on time!

I confess to not yet having a snake of any description, despite my 52 years of longing. My wife has always been "resistant" until both my kids bought snakes recently (they've moved out) and she saw how "interesting" they were. Now I'm finally back in charge (irony) and I've decided upon a corn, but have to wait until my birthday (yes, even at my age).

Meanwhile I'm sucking information as quickly as I can, just to be ready...

Very interesting stuff!

Paul

:) Welcome to the site! Good luck getting your first corn - how long unti your birthday if you don't mind me asking? Know what morph you would like to get?

:) Welcome to the site! Good luck getting your first corn - how long unti your birthday if you don't mind me asking? Know what morph you would like to get?

Thanks Izzy.

My birthday (Dammit! Dammit!) is in SEPTEMBER. But maybe I'll fiddle an early present with some begging and being the perfect husband - who knows. Meanwhile I have some time to build up knowledge, both through the forum and the practical aspects of my son's hands on experience.

As to what I'm looking for - well my son has the perfect snake for me (scroll down - http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63739&page=2) but he'll never part with him/her/it. But one like Scar would be nice.

Hi there.....Good to see another father/son combo on here.....
and your probably doing it the right way, find all the info then get the snake...
You may want to research a lot of snakes, as there are lots of nice ones out there...LOL

Thanks David, Phoenix and Mike.

Mike - I know there are lots of nice snakes about, and making a final choice will be difficult. My daughter owns 2 boas and they interest me too - I just worry slightly about the size they grow to. Corns, rats, kings and milks seem more like my kind of snakes as they seem to remain relatively slim. Pete at the Reptile Zone in Filton (here in Bristol) has some pure Okeetees which are of great interest, and seems to have a good link with an allegedly good breeder, so perhaps later on...

BTW - If you read the above post and wonder who David is - so do I. Dunno where that came from, so shoot me.

Scar is a nice looking snake! I think you should push to get a corn a little before your birthday.... use the excuse that there is more selection in the late spring / summer months from the breeders!

Who's David? :)

Welcome to the forum, Paul! I agree; you shouldn't wait until September to get a snake. It's great that you are doing your research before making an impulse purchase, but we feel that you will be ready much sooner!

Kathy

Welcome to the forum!

Errrm, another way to get that snake earlier than September?

It's FATHER'S DAY in June, Mwahahahaha!

Matt, get out there and buy Dad an early Father's day pressie!

Surely the Missus won't begrudge you a present from the kids?

Good luck and best wishes,

:eek1: Oh great! Why didn't I think of that??? Yeesh! ;)

I'm sure my lil' sister and I can help out! :)

If this fails to happen, I'll be back to the board with lots of negative comments about failure to follow through, how unloved I am as a parent, and anything else I can think of.

On the other hand, I can happilly wait. :)

Thee key thing is to be sure I know what I'm doing.

you MUST get a snake

I cant imagine life without one.... I got mine 3 months ago and he is lovely.

But be careful : they are addictive..... after you have one for a while there is no going back.

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION!!!!! :)

ANd your lucky, even if you had to wait till your birthday, you wouldn't of been waiting as long as I had to. I fell in love with corns in April, and my parents wouldn't let me get a corn till October. >.< It was SOOO frusterating.

Back