• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snakes on a spaceship!

mcarabian

So I've been watching episodes of Battlestar Galactica on iTunes for the past week or so. One of the episodes had a scene in which the President starts hallucinating and sees all these snakes on her mike stand. For a minute there I was a bit confused about her fearful reaction - I mean, it was only a python, a milksnake, a couple of corns and a ratsnake, what's the big deal?

Then I realized she was probably reacting to the fact that she's hallucinating in the midst of a press conference rather than to the snakes themselves :rolleyes:

Cause, you know, I'm hoping snakes will become really popular in the future. They'd probably make great space pets :grin01:

Hallucinating can be fun... Just remember its all in your mind, so don't waste your time thinkin' 'bout bad things, as my friend Jimi would say. Its great advice... haha

peace, and understanding

I remember that episode of BG, I laughed a lot at that. I was also watching David Letterman, or Conan, I don't remember which, and the guest animal keeper had a Gaboon Viper, those things are so wicked looking! I'd be much more afraid of those.

There was one in Empire Strikes back or Return of the Jedi. When Luke is in Yoda's hut, there's a milk or king crawling across the window and Luke picks it up and sets it aside. :)

This may be a little off topic but reminded me of a Fear Factor episode I saw. The contestants laid down in a glass tank and about 75 medium sized corns were added (some quite lovely specimens by the way) and they were expected to remain with the snakes for some specified period of time. The screaming, trembling and crying that followed was a riot! I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard. The stress these bumbling idiots put those snakes through was a bit unnecessary! :rofl:

Serpwidgets said:
There was one in Empire Strikes back or Return of the Jedi. When Luke is in Yoda's hut, there's a milk or king crawling across the window and Luke picks it up and sets it aside. :)
On the DVD, there is a making of which shows Mark Hammel getting bit by said snake. Pretty funny.

Serpwidgets said:

It's a banded California King. I had to go and check. I've got to get the DVD now! I'd love to see him get bit by it.

Back