• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snakes?

I think it depends on the kind of snake and how big the viv is. I've seen turtles and snakes kept together a few times.

small lizards are a definite no, they are often food for snakes, esp anoles. really it's not a very good idea to house them with other animals, the potential for injury to one or more of the animals is high.

if you aren't even supposed to keep two snakes together, why would you risk putting them with anything else? personally I care too much about my snakes to put them through any stress or injury.

I wouldn't because snakes are a solitary animal for the most part. I don't because of risks of disease spreading and other things.

Just because I'm a goof ball... heres an analogy:

Put an iguana in with your corn, and a dinosaur in with you so you know how your corn feels :eats02:

((not making fun, just being a goof.. like always :sidestep: ))

Meg gave you a perfectly legitimate answer. How many people have to tell you NO before you accept it?

Oh, I say NO as well.

In nature where snakes go where they want, do they socialize with other species? NO

Do they like to gather around the water hole and gossip about American Idol or who wore what to the Academy Awards? NO

Answer your question? :sidestep:

starsevol said:
In nature where snakes go where they want, do they socialize with other species? NO

Do they like to gather around the water hole and gossip about American Idol or who wore what to the Academy Awards? NO

Answer your question? :sidestep:

How do you know? do u get in side snakes brains? NO

I have 2 snakes housed togeather already they dont seem stressed and ive had no problems so far, i know a dude who breeds snakes he has boa pythons in same tanks he said the onlyt NO NO is king snakes housed with any other snakes coz they eat anything!

cellz said:
How do you know? do u get in side snakes brains? NO

I have 2 snakes housed togeather already they dont seem stressed and ive had no problems so far, i know a dude who breeds snakes he has boa pythons in same tanks he said the onlyt NO NO is king snakes housed with any other snakes coz they eat anything!

Why did you ask the question if you've already made up your mind about the answer and aren't willing to listen to other opinions?

Smells of troll in here.

OMG; keeping-snakes-together-discussion ahead.... :sidestep: :grin01:

I do think though Cellz is allowed to ask for more opinions, why not? If all people should be satisfied with the first answer given, this forum would cease very soon.... but, I do agree that this guy seems already to have made up his mind :bang:

Back