• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snow, but snow what?

im just wondering basically if my snow hatchling has any other traits, like could she possibly be a strawberry snow, or a dilute snow? heres a few pics, sorry theyre crappy but my digi is broken so i had to use my cell cam, which sucks =\....

60141_128664_Large_OPTtxUYyBJMY4gv.jpg

60141_130166_Large_jBzBmkxK5Je4y.jpg

60141_128499_Large_ChRPIVP6IN.jpg

60141_129862_Large_qUOHEXfuae.jpg

60141_130167_Large_Bu8aWDSF6rJZ.jpg

im still a bit baffled by identifying morphs based on looks, so why does this strawberry snow not look as dark pink as my hatchling? and do you have to wait for a strawberry snow to grow up more to tell if its actually one? or if its a coral snow, etc?

strawberrysnow-h.jpg

Snow-Mot2.jpg

All baby snows will look pink like that.
The colors will change as the grow up, which is why it is hard to tell what they are as small babies.
I can't find any pics right now, but all 3 of my snows were bright pink as babies. Now they are mostly white.
The two I have left have lots of yellow on them, and some green too. But they are not nearly as pink as they were.

yeah i knew they grow out of their pinkness unless theyre a coral or strawberry snow...either way im sure shell be a pretty adult =]. im not worried about her morph, just curious about the different snow morphs...

PS~ would you guys estimate her to be about 3 months old based on those pictures? i got no age with her when i bought her...she looks the same size as pics ive seen of 2 mos olds, only perhaps a smidge longer. again im just curious...

There's no reasonable way to estimate age within just a few months based on size. Growth depends partly on heredity and partly on husbandry. Some animals grow rapidly when they're babies and others don't, even when fed the same diet and kept in the same conditions. Corns generally all reach adult size with normal care and feeding at about 3 years.

You'd asked about traits like strawberry, dilute, or coral. While it's possible that your baby is carrying those genes, the only way you can tell for certain is with eventual breeding trials. It doesn't appear to be homo for dilute, but the others can be difficult to distinguish in a hatchling. Unless one knows the baby's parentage, assume it isn't carrying genes one cannot visually see until proven otherwise through breeding. As a pet-shop pick-up she's probably a typical snow.

Whatever type of snow she is, you're going to enjoy watching her grow. I've been surprisingly charmed by the subtle beauty of snows and they way it develops.

PS~ would you guys estimate her to be about 3 months old based on those pictures?

Most corns hatch in the Summer, so that snake is probably older then three months - though there's no way to tell for sure. "Standard" snow corns are often pink for a few months after hatching.

06snowbaby.jpg

Back