• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snow Corn shed question

halicorn

Hey guys and gals,

This is my first time owning a snow corn can you let me know if the "BLUE" signs for shed are the same for a snow corn as it is for any other? I can easily tell when my amel is in blue. The previous owner said that she is due to a shed soon and that was 10 days ago.

Thanks in advance again everyone.

:cheers:

They get dull... It should be very similar to the amel.
Don't worry, your snake will eventually shed.

I have a snow and can easily identify when he's in blue now, although at first it was close to impossible. My boyfriend and I used to debate if his eyes looked cloudy- I always would say they were, while he couldnt tell at all. I was always right, though! The eyes get slightly cloudy- barely noticeable if you're not used to it. Sometimes it's more obvious- other times they're paled so minutely that it could be a trick of the light.

I don't know what an amel is like while in blue so I can't compare the two. Hope this helps!

My snow hasn't shed in awhile, I can never tell when he will.
The other day he burrowed really deep to the bottom of the tank, I thought he was packing in preceding a shed, yet since he hadn't ate in 15 days, I decided to throw a mouse in there to watch him pull a "sandworm attack" lol. He didn't burst out of the substrate like I hoped, but I digress.
With snows shedding, you can't really bank on any one sign, unless you start charting it very closely, which is kind of hard to do when you're not home. It is kind of frustrating.

If you watch closely, sometimes you can see when the eyes go SUPER pink and cloudy. It's hard to see, especially if your snake hides a lot anyways. But when you see it, it's kind of cool to see. The eyes are a lot like strawberry milk.

My snow hasn't shed in awhile, I can never tell when he will.
The other day he burrowed really deep to the bottom of the tank, I thought he was packing in preceding a shed, yet since he hadn't ate in 15 days, I decided to throw a mouse in there to watch him pull a "sandworm attack" lol. He didn't burst out of the substrate like I hoped, but I digress.
With snows shedding, you can't really bank on any one sign, unless you start charting it very closely, which is kind of hard to do when you're not home. It is kind of frustrating.

I have a boa that does that EVERY single feeding. I just dangle the rat in there (on my 3ft tongs), and she EXPLODES from the aspen! It's pretty awesome to watch. I'll have to film it next time.

I've never had a hard time telling if my snow was about to shed. She is one of my newer snakes, so I had a lot of previous experiences seeing the shedding process in my others, but it's the exact same for her. Her colors start looking duller, especially her peaches (which just makes her look dead or something) and then her eyes will get cloudy, and then she still just looks "off" before she sheds.
23vdu1h.jpg

fmfzr.jpg

Next time I see her starting to go into shed I'll try to photograph it day by day, but she just shed recently, so it could be a while.

Thanks for sharing the pics AliCat, I've only had my snow for a couple of weeks and was wondering this question myself concerning her going into shed and the pics really help.

Those are very informative photos! Ive wanted to get pictures of mine in blue, but I don't have a very sophisticated camera. Your snow definitely shows when he's in blue! The clouding in mine's eyes is significantly more muted. Strawberry milk colored is an excellent description.

Nice pics AliCat! I have a hard time telling when my baby snows are going blue, but my adult I can usually tell.

Thanks everyone. I check her daily as I always do with new additions. Ali your the best thanks for the pic's. Visuals always are extremely helpful.

:cheers:

Back