• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snow motley's perhaps coral's

erwin

I no that some under you find that I first must prove by them pairing with hypo to look back or the corals er not. But have correct on covers that after pink also green around the saddles comes. This never at ordinary snow motley has not seen being here.
And your opinion concerning the male red dots :punch:
Then the photograph, not real clear :cool:
My English :shrugs:
Greets Erwin

Attachments

• HPIM0653.JPG
    HPIM0653.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 83
  • HPIM0661.JPG
    HPIM0661.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 83
  • S1 ruby freckled.JPG
    S1 ruby freckled.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 84
I don't think that pink and green snows are caused by hypo. :shrugs:

-----

IF red dots X Snow ---> snows, and snows with red dots
THEN red dots is probably a dominant gene. :)

IF red dots X snow ----> F1 snows,
AND F1 snow X F1 snow ----> snows, and snows with red dots
THEN red dots is probably a recessive gene. :)

Similar snows have hatched, with more red dots than that, they were called "ruby-freckled." They were test bred through two generations, and could not be hatched. (Yours might be genetic, definitely try breeding tests! :))

The two animals ar brother and sister therefore perhaps can get I in 2007 some snow motley's with red dots :crazy02:
The male when i bought him only two small red dots, therefore each shed get he some more.I want him call Ruby freckled still i something can prove. He remains in my collection that is certainly :cheers:
Gr Erwin

As far as I know, I don't think the ruby freckled gene has been proven as recessive. I am not 100% sure though. It is very hard to find answers when it comes to ruby freckled snows. I had a male with the same anomoly. However, he wasn't as extreme as your male, only a few small splotches here and there. I kept a daughter of his and bred her back to him. All the hatchlings came out as normal snows. I did keep 2 of the hatchlings out of that clutch, as did my friend. It seems that whatever causes the freckling does not show up until later in life, and becomes more extreme as the snake matures (as you have already noticed with each shed) The hatchlings are early 05's (January) and appear perfectly normal so far.

I would say the motley is just a selectively bred pink and green motley. In my opinion, I don't think there is any hypo at work. Most corals ususally don't express the green trait. Only breeding trials will tell for sure though. Good luck with proving it out. :)

Last edited:
Ya, I don't remember the whole story. But what I remember is that crosses that would have produced ruby-freckled (if it was a simple gene) were done, and the results were negative. I seem to recall that two ruby-freckleds were crossed to each other and produced normal snows that never colored up, but I could be wrong on that one. Walter Smith was involved in those projects, I think, so he'd probably be able to tell us the details. :)

Like for real, how many times are we going to post the same pictures of the ruby freckled snow and ask questions about it? This is like the 5th thread on that same snake!

Back