• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snow queston...

TheCornSnakeKid

I am the corn snake kid!
I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but here it goes anyway.

Ok, over the last few weeks I have noticed pink ovals forming in teh spots of white around my snows neck. At first i dismissed teh thouhgt thinking it was just the light making it look orange-ish pink-ish. However, every time I see him, the splotches are getting brighter and brighter and brighter. Is this nomal? Thats a fairly outdated pic (hes the hardest thing to take pics of unless he's in the middle of dinner....), but I think it still gets the point across. He's het blizzard, but that should'nt have anything to do with it. Any help?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 69
Do you notice this when it's eating (like in the pic)? If so it's probably because when it's eating it is stretching some and you'll see the pink between the spread out scales that you wouldn't see when the scales are laying normal.

Many corns show ground color in the saddles. It's not unusual for it to go to some extreme.
ghostfemale2

That is normal. All babies base colors fill in as they mature. The spots you are referring to are the base color areas surrounded by the attached saddle colored area. In this case, seeing as it is a snow, it is getting the pinkish tones that will be its base color. In an Okeetee that would be an orange color, in an anery a greyish tone. That color will get more intense as it grows. How much more depends on the genes of your snake.

Have fun watching it grow and change. That is one of the coolest things, watching them develope their colors.

Back