• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snows

Come on

I can't tell what kind of snake that it, much less what patterning it has.
we'll need a clear pic to decipher this one.

Just guessing, I'd say a motley snow.

does it look like this pic?...if it does, it's not a corn...:cool:

Attachments

• bubbles2.jpg
    bubbles2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 129
The colours are different to mine, she is basically shades of pink. With only a few patterns on the first part of her body and basically none on the rest of her. After Shaky suggested snow motley i had a search on the net for some pics and would have to say that from all the pics I've seen she looks most like them.
So WTG Shaky

:)

BTW what snake is that then?

motleys

all motleys have uncheckered bellies
(well, mostly all-at least they are "supposed to")

the no checks on the belly threw me off....never thought of motley (D'oh!)...that pic is a bubblegum rat...an obsoleta cross (YellowXBlackXEverglades)...your pic kinda looked like it, but it was real hard to tell...looked like it had a lot of pink to be a snow tho...oh well, peace and enjoy...Chris :cool:

After several internet searches and closer inspection of my snake, I think cka might be right. My snake looks a dead ringer for this pic I found on a site http://www.bballantyne.freeuk.com/images/BUBBLEGUMRATSNAKE.jpg which is indeed a Bubblegum Rat.

So now what? I assume she can still be bred with Corns, seeing as they are from the Ratsnake family, but how do I work out the genetics, as far as males go I have a normal and and anery. Will their traits affect the young or is it just a case of they are Corns and shes a Bubblegum, breed them and you get ????

I was just starting to grasp the genetics basics and now confusion again :angry01:

try to get some better pics of it, before we go calling it one thing or another....tell us where you got it from, that may help...JMHO If it isn't a corn I wouldn't breed corns to it, altho it certainly would be possible...If it is a bubblegum you have a wide variety of snakes you could breed it to, being as the bubble gums are a cross of two to three (yellow, black and Everglades) different types of rat snakes...I'm eventually going to breed a white sided (Ghost) everglades rat to mine for double het (amelanistic and white sided) crosses...really would like to see some better pics if you could :cool:

Last edited:
Back