• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So...Amels....

Pal-O-Mine

So I was holding my juvenile corn "Bubba" the other day and wondering....... Bubba is an amel.....sort of. His color is a bit unusual for the typical amel. Are there different varieties of amel other than regular and flourescent? Please furnish pics.

Devon

I'll have to supply comparison pics later. He's not a sunglow. He's definitely NOT a candy cane. He 's an amel but not a typical amel. He's.....different. He has this weird caramel, butterscotch sort of wash. I guess I just am too eager to know what morph he exactly is. And he's too young to breed. Just me being impatient here! He's my unique little wild card and I love him!

Devon

So......what morph should I breed him to to prove this out???? Another amel? ( That's easy! My only 2 female corns in the whole house are amel! ) Or something else????

Devon

I'd breed to a butter, if he is het caramel you'd get Amels and Butters. If he's not then you'd get all Amels.

Here's the pics I promised side by side for comparison. Wishbone on the left and Bubba, my wild card, on the right.

Hmmm. Butter you say??? Parkay or Land o' Lakes???:licklips:

And I AM going to Hamburg reptile show next week!

Devon

Attachments

• Wishbone & Bubba.jpg
    Wishbone & Bubba.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Wishbone 1.jpg
    Wishbone 1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Bubba 1.jpg
    Bubba 1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 74
This one is amel het butter you can see the caramel leaking thru on her

Attachments

• amelfem.jpg
    amelfem.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 50
WOW! That one looks like the parent or sister of Bubba! The guy I guy him from said that he had sold Bubba's sister earlier and she was a motely too with more of a striped pattern. Then he sent me pics of her. Wish I had known! I would have snatched her up in an instant!

Have you bred that one??? What did the kids look like????

Devon

WOW! That one looks like the parent or sister of Bubba! The guy I guy him from said that he had sold Bubba's sister earlier and she was a motely too with more of a striped pattern. Then he sent me pics of her. Wish I had known! I would have snatched her up in an instant!

Have you bred that one??? What did the kids look like????

Devon

No I didn't breed her, I sent her to a pet home a couple months after she got here.

Definitely amel motley, and I agree that the likelihood of him being het caramel is very good.

( I wrote this reply yesterday but I was so sick with a migraine that I somehow FORGOT to hit the SEND button! ARRRGGHHH! )

What would happen if you bred him with a caramel?????

Devon

You unless the caramel carries amel, I would you would get caramel's and normals. If your caramel were het amel, you would get butters amels caramels and normals. Found it here.

Okay, one more question before Hamburg. Butters have red eyes ( I ASSUME because of the amel gene. ) And gold-dusts have normal eyes, correct???

Devon

Okay, one more question before Hamburg. Butters have red eyes ( I ASSUME because of the amel gene. ) And gold-dusts have normal eyes, correct???

Devon

If you can call these eyes "normal". ;)

Attachments

• Philo Jan '12 - close up - 15.jpg
    Philo Jan '12 - close up - 15.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Rowdy May '10 - close up - 10.jpg
    Rowdy May '10 - close up - 10.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Sondra March '10 - close up - 2.jpg
    Sondra March '10 - close up - 2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 036 golddust - M - 9-26-11 - close up.jpg
    036 golddust - M - 9-26-11 - close up.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 073 golddust - F - 11-03 - J.jpg
    073 golddust - F - 11-03 - J.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 29
Well I wouldn't like that to be the first thing I see when I wake up.;)

I just wanna know what I'm looking at in case someone tries to pass off some other morph on me because they know boa morphs better than corns! ( That's how I got Hiccup! )

Devon

Back