• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So Angry

StormRose

Looking for Marbles
Here's the local news article:
http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2009/01/16/local_news/doc49714cdd94dcf770613844.txt

This store is a block from my house. I went in there when he first opened and met him, but I haven't been there since. My husband and I are friends with a corn breeder so anything we need/want for our snakes we get through him and we don't shop in the area pet stores very often.

The day they seized all of these animals we had wind chills of -25F, not good weather to transport reptiles with already compromised health.

I'm going to call up the humane society and see if they need anything else besides cash donations. I'm furious that this happened so close to me and I had no idea. I'm just glad he's sitting in jail now.

That is so sad! How long had it been open? I sure hope he gets some jail time and a hefty fine out of this.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

I think he's been open about two years, maybe a little less. We talked to him a few times in passing when we'd run into him while we were out for a walk. He seemed like an OK guy, but a bit of a flake.

The store was in a little shopping strip on the edge of a mostly residential area. All of the shops there are small home grown businesses who watch out for each other. The store right next door to his is a fish store that also has a few snakes, and the owner of that store is vigilant about the health of his animals. He helped in the removal on Friday. I guess if he didn't know what was going next door, or couldn't change it, that I couldn't have done anything either. I just feel terrible for all of those poor animals.

Back