• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So cruel?

BrandNew

ive been thinking, and i was wondering do any of you fell bad for keeping a full grown snkae in a 20 gallon tank i was wonder would it stress it to bad to put it in a 50-75gallon i mean a 4-5ft snake just seems small in a 20 gallon tank.
anyone eles fell this way?

if you mean corn snake. an adult would thrive well in a bigger cage. it might just be a bit overwhelming to some younger snakes. unless you add a lot of fauna and hides so they can move around stealthy like they like. but i see no harm in a full grown snake being in a bigger than needed cage.

I've tried to buy the biggest vivs I have room for. As long as you have enough hides and ground cover, I don't think there's any such thing as a viv or tank that's "too big".

I have a couple of custom vivs that are three and four feet long each, 18 inches deep and three feet high with two climbing levels. Some Corns love them and trundle all over them at regular intervals. However, others are less active and when tried in them, just spend all their time at ground level in particular hides, even after months of settling in. If you have a less active Corn, then a smaller tank or viv should be absolutely fine. They're all individuals.

Having said that, I wouldn't want to use one smaller than 3 feet long by 18 inches wide - I'd see that as the minimum floor space requirement for mine.

I agree with Bitsy... really depends on the snake. We have a few snakes that use every square inch of their tubs or tanks. These are the snakes that, once space is not so much a premium, I'd like to move into 2' x 2' or 2' x 3' cages. If they will use the space I've no issue providing it.

That being said, some of our snakes are in their hides all day, every day. They could be living in a box for all they ever move. These snakes would be okay in a 20L for life.

I agree aswell. My granite corn Doc is a speed demon he moves all the time! But most of my others don't. Hence I am going to move Doc to a bigger tub pretty soon.

My amel, Dier, lives in her hide. She never comes out except to eat and drink. Vanay is similar, as is Abrina and Essan. Liam, Tor, and Nautley on the other hand are all always on the move. The rest are in between.

I have one snake whos always in his hide, but guess what? In the middle of the night he's all about cursing. What snakes get up too when no one's around can be quite a lot - they're still not convinced the big scary things moving around aren't out to eat them.

I do want to upgrade Amel Boy to a 50, I had a lead last weekend on a cheap viv but I haven't heard back from the lady *grumble*. He's the one who's "always" hiding, but if I wake up in the middle of the night or come home at 2am *cough* I see him out - and he promptly scoots back in his hide, lol.

Back