• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So excited that Ty is exploring his cage

chag67

I'm pretty sure Ty explores his viv at night while I'm asleep but I was so happy to see him out and about while the lights were on.

I came home from picking my son up and my son immediately went over to Ty's viv and said, "I see Ty!" I thought, "Yeah right." But sure enough, there he was moving around and exploring the new leafy vines I attached to his "coral" ledge. He even didn't mind both of us staring at him while he continued his exploration prior to going back into his hide after about 10 minutes.

image_zps9d66889a.jpg

We are going to try and feed him a fuzzy tomorrow. I want to try and start feeding at the same time of day each feeding day. Is the evening time better or does it really matter?

Cool!

You can feed whenever. Evening is closer to night which is when they are most active.
-Skully-

Some people say evening time but my corns dont care they just want to eat :) Im glad to see ty is getting used to his new home too:)

We decided to try and feed Ty at lunchtime today. Success!!! My son warmed up a fuzzy with hot tap water. Ty hadn't been handled in over a week and I didn't want Ty to get nervous so I quickly grabbed him and placed him in his feeding critter case. He was a bit more jumpy than usual but was immediately looking for food once I placed him in it. He immediately zeroed in on the fuzzy and struck. But he let go once my son got excited and bumped the container. I covered the tub with a towel for a minute and he quickly went after it again. I uncovered him slowly so my son was able to watch him eat. Now I am answering a lot of questions. My son is so excited and said he can't wait to tell his friends at school.

From what I read and my little to no experience the larger your snake gets the bolder it will become. They have less and less natural predators to be afraid of as they grow.

Back