• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So Excited

dajeti2

I followed some adice and rather than buy from a big company I've been searching out breeders. I really lucked out and found two that are not to far from me. I emailed both of them earlier tonight. I asked alot of questions. I really thought it would be awhile before I heard anything back from either of them. I was pleasantly suprised. Not only did one of them right back he also asked me to call so we could talk further.

I called him and he wanted to make sure I had done my homework. We asked questions back and forth for about thirty minutes. I had planned on getting a baby but have been a bit worried about it as well. Just typical new owner fears, what if it doesn't eat, etc. I told him I needed to think about it and disxuss it with my family and I would be in touch before Thursday.

We've decided to do it. I'll be getting a female yearling. She is a great eater and is very tame. In all my excitement I forgot to ask what she would be connsidered. She is a Reverse Okeetee and Creamcicle. If everything goes according to plan she will be here the end of the week or Monday the latest.

:dancer::D:dancer:

Congrats and kudos on doing the homework before buying! Make sure you put up pics of the new babies when they arrive!

Wayne

If you're getting a corn snake, it'll be a reverse okeetee. A creamsicle is a hybrid between a corn and a Great Plains Ratsnake

Thank you both very much. She is a cornsnake. Her dad is the reverse okeetee and mom is a creamsicle.

She is a cornsnake. Her dad is the reverse okeetee and mom is a creamsicle.

A Creamsicle is a hybrid. Anything with known hybrid origins is a hybrid, regardless of percentage (until there's a way of proving that zero percent of the hybrid genes have been passed on, which seems highly unlikely).

She's a Creamsicle, not a Corn.

TBH, it matters not a jot as long as you love her!

A Creamsicle is a hybrid. Anything with known hybrid origins is a hybrid, regardless of percentage (until there's a way of proving that zero percent of the hybrid genes have been passed on, which seems highly unlikely).

She's a Creamsicle, not a Corn.

TBH, it matters not a jot as long as you love her!

... And as long as you aren't breeding or selling her. ;) The hybrid thing is only really important if you're breeding her (in which case all her offspring need to be labeled as hybrids) or selling her (in which case she needs to be labeled as a hybrid). I guess it also matters if you don't want a hybrid.. But that's your own preference, and has little to do with your hybrid's effect on the rest of the community.

Congrats on your first corn (er, creamsicle)! Don't forget to post pics when you get her! =)

Thank you all so much.

I've decided not to get her after all. There are things about the situation that I am just uncomfortable with. He has gotten a bit pushy wanting payment when I told him I needed to think about it and discuss it with my husband first and would get back to him. I got an email this morning letting me know he needed payment by Friday.:eek1:

I've been talking to the other breeder. I'm going to the expo this weekend and he's going to be there. I might just get one from him then. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sorry for the false alarm but I am still excited.

I think you're probably doing the right thing. Generally a gut feel that something's wrong makes that a good time to walk away.

An expo is a great way to get meet breeders and also have a good look at various Corn morphs. Some of them look so much more stunning "in person" than they do in photos.

Thank you. Today has been a real roller coaster ride for sure. The second breeder made me uncomfortable as well. I was beginning to think it was just me so I should a few people the emails from both sides and they felt like I did so decided not to go through with it. I was so disappointed.

Well I started looking again. Found exactly what I was looking for. I read everything on the site and was satified with I found. It was to look them up. I did and Bingo, many satisfied customers. Talked to the hubby and two hours later ordered my snake.

I'm getting a male Hypo Motley, 100% het Lavender & 66% het Amel Hatched: 9/8/10

He'll be here Wednesday. I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I really am Sooooo Excited!!! I've started getting his new home ready.

:dancer:C'mon Keegan :dancer:

Tomorrow is the day. I can't believe it's really happening, a life long dream is finally being realized. I got my tracking number last night. He starts his long journey today, I'm so worried and excited all at once.

I set up his new home three days ago. I wanted to monitor the temps now rather than when he's already in it. It works great. Considering everything in his home are things from around the house, it doesn't look half bad. I'll try and get some pics tonight. I still need to get something to cover the back for him. I'm going to go raid my craft totes lol.

I have the camera ready for tomorrow so hope to have pics then.

Its really fun to see people REALLY excited about anything, it rubs off on me lol.. Take a pic your tank ... When I first got my tank I wanted to put a background on it, but was not satisfied with anything at the pet shop, so I cut up a National Geographic spread of the Serengeti lol

Congrats! I have almost the same morph (hypo motley het lavender) and love her. As far as colors go she is my mother's favorite (and that's a lot coming from my mother, she hates snakes! Couldn't get any until I lived on my own)

Bammer, thank you. Oh I love the background idea. I'm going to go through some old magazines I have laying around. I might find something I like better than the taupe contact paper I was going to use for now.

ZoologyGirl, to be honest it was some pics of some adults that I fell in love with. I just had to have one, they are just so bright. Your girl is a real beauty.

"They love me, they really love me" lol Glad to be of assistance, defiantly take a pic of what you come up with!

:rofl::dancer:He's Here!! He's Here!!:dancer::rofl:

He's perfect! Talk about feisty lol. He coiled but never did strike. He is exploring his viv now. I am sooo happy. He's everything I hoped for and more.

Back