• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So proud of my boy

Taybeh Chaser

Last night I was reading and getting ready to sleep when I heard a noise from Zanjibil's viv. I looked over to find my little friend--who up till now had (as far as I know) never moved out of his hide except when I take him out to eat or exercise--with his tail in the water dish and his head and upper body stretched to the top of the viv. I'm happy he's comfortable enough to come out and explore, even if he does seem to be looking for an escape route. He looked pretty funny, but he saw me and slithered back into his hide before I could get a pic.

That's great he's comfortable to be out and exploring. I love when mine are out doing that, and don't spot me watching lol.

Awwww! We rarely see our girl out and about either, even though she's doing great with being handled these days. No more darting from our hands. She even hung out in my lap and watched a sit-com with me last week! ;)

But a few days ago, my son saw her in one of her hides and she poked her head out and flicked her tongue at him! We were both so excited! :)

And I agree with the person above, your signature is awesome!

Becca

My kingsnake is always trying to find an escape route. Especially at the wee hours of 4 & 5 am when she falls from the top in to her huge water bowl. Nothing like a belly flop splash to wake someone up out of their slumber!! Lol

That belly flop is exactly what my yearling black rat is doing. She just got moved from her hatchling tub to a ten gallon and nothing is ever good enough for the little princess.

Thanks to those who like my sig :). It seems like Zanj is really comfy these days. Last night I saw him sitting with his head poked adorably out of his hide for about half an hour. Then he ventured forth and curled up behind the hide, kind of awkwardly. Following which, he spent a little time pressed against the glass for no good reason (from my human perspective, of course). Finally he did the tail-in-the-bowl stretching-to-the-top-of-the-viv thing again. I got a few pics this time, which I'll post later in the appropriate thread. So great to know he's not scared, and fun to wonder what he's going to get up to next. I wonder if he'll take a dive into his water!

It's always fun to watch your snake exploring their new home (mine is doing the same) ^^. He sounds like a fun snake that will have quite the personality :)

Happy to report that my Zanj is a much more outgoing little guy now. He still loves to hide, but I often find him slithering around his water bowl, louging by the sides of the viv (loves that for some reason), or curled up (in what I think of as an oddly regal way) on a fork of the branch I bought for him to play on. Now I can't beieve I ever worried he'd spend all his time inside his mini-cave.

Happy to report that my Zanj is a much more outgoing little guy now. He still loves to hide, but I often find him slithering around his water bowl, louging by the sides of the viv (loves that for some reason), or curled up (in what I think of as an oddly regal way) on a fork of the branch I bought for him to play on. Now I can't beieve I ever worried he'd spend all his time inside his mini-cave.
My baby girl loves her log and of course she curls up right at the very highest tip of it haha She like NEVER goes near or in her water bowl though...if she does she just goes right on by it lol I never see her drink or anything..so weird

Back