• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Some Dutch wildlife for you

Marcel Poots

Young, handsom member
Today I went for some big game (photo) hunting. This was my first Fox ever on camera:
IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

And 5 minutes later I got this treat:
IMG_1365.jpg

Huh? Let's look closer. Is that a guy with a camera?
IMG_1367.jpg

Okay, we are out of here...
IMG_1371.jpg

Beautiful red fox! Probably my second favorite canid, and definitely my favorite Vulpes species. His coat is in excellent condition!

May I ask what lens you're using? I just got a dSLR and I'm trying to hunt down lenses for it. I'm looking at a 55-300mm if I can get the price right. :}

I use this lens:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=39&sort=7&cat=2&page=2

Forget about zoomlenses when you are working in 300 and 400 and 500 mm. You need a primelens. The more money, the better pics is a rule in lenses. And zoom lenses can not get the quality of a prime lens.

Thanks! And yeah, I know all about prime lenses...but I haven't got deep enough pockets to afford one at this point in my life. I'm very much an amateur, and I think the only prime lens I could even think about getting (unless I find some decent used ones) is the Canon EF 100mm f/2 USM lens. For now, though, it'll be zoom lenses for me. :} Thanks again!

I love the fox pics! He looks so big and healthy. Foxes in Florida are so small compared to those who live where it is cold. Is he a red fox, or some species I don't know about??

Great Fox shots.......... They are hard to catch like that......
I lived in Breda, then Roosendaal, then Bergen op Zoom, down South, for a while a few years ago...
What part do you live.....?

I live in Bovenkarspel. That is 45 minutes north of Amsterdam. These pics are taken in Lelystad which is pretty much in the centre of Holland. Foxes are not rare in Holland but I have not seen that many. I have seen hundreds of snakes and only less than 10 foxes in my life.

Beautifull Marcel! I haven't seen foxes except once from very far away. Maybe I should take a trip to Lelystad someday and see wether I can spot one too. I only just live across the border (not far from Bergen-op-Zoom :)) so it wouldn't be that far...

Foxes are so hard to get photo's of. That one looks awesome! I love when they are in their winter coats, they just look so big and healthy. The red stags are also great to see. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Back