• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Some pictures of Nova

mcnally_bean

Here is a picture of my newest addition. I got her 3 days ago.

snakes014.jpg

That is the only decent picture I got of her. I want her to settle in first and feed well... tonight is feeding night!

Brandon

Thank ya'll though I can't take credit for mother natures work.

Q-tipping? I haven't heard of this term, what do you mean by that?

Brandon

P.S. Good to see nothing from some past post have damaged anything Roy. Look foward to talking once again.

mcnally_bean said:
Q-tipping? I haven't heard of this term, what do you mean by that?
Most non-banded motleys have those little ovals of groundcolor between the pattern along the spine. When these ovals are elongated into stripes, often with bulbous ends, some call these elongated ovals "Q-tips". Nova has at least four of these, and then the clean tail too. :)

P.S. Good to see nothing from some past post have damaged anything Roy. Look foward to talking once again.
Of course not! I can be a jerk, but I'm really not about dwelling on differences. We both came to this site because we love corn snakes. Since we have that in common, I'd rather concentrate on that similarity. :)

would that then mean that it has stripe genes in it and it's just called a "q-tip" pattern? like a motley het. stripe, or would that be totally wrong or impossible. don't think i have ever heard it before, but just curious to learn something.

gwb8568 said:
would that then mean that it has stripe genes in it and it's just called a "q-tip" pattern? like a motley het. stripe, or would that be totally wrong or impossible. don't think i have ever heard it before, but just curious to learn something.
Nope. It doesn't have to have the stripe gene associated with it. There are even "striped motleys" that don't necessarily have anything to do with the stripe gene. Motley is now considered by most to be dominant to stripe, and they're on the same locus. So a mot het stripe is really heterozygous for both genes, but only expressing the dominant motley gene.

Roy Munson said:
Most non-banded motleys have those little ovals of groundcolor between the pattern along the spine. When these ovals are elongated into stripes, often with bulbous ends, some call these elongated ovals "Q-tips". Nova has at least four of these, and then the clean tail too. :)

Of course not! I can be a jerk, but I'm really not about dwelling on differences. We both came to this site because we love corn snakes. Since we have that in common, I'd rather concentrate on that similarity. :)

Oh alright. Thanks for the feedback!

And completly agreed! Corn snakes... and then well I have my ball pythons aswell! :p

Look what snakes can do!

Brandon

Roy Munson said:
Nope. It doesn't have to have the stripe gene associated with it. There are even "striped motleys" that don't necessarily have anything to do with the stripe gene. Motley is now considered by most to be dominant to stripe, and they're on the same locus. So a mot het stripe is really heterozygous for both genes, but only expressing the dominant motley gene.

thank you........*stores away in cluttered brain* "motley over-rides stripe"

Thanks Ya'll.

Just to point out she is a stripe motley thats why her patter is so "neat". If you look along her sides she has two more lines one on both sides... I like it when the two patterns of Motley and stripe mix together.

I am sucker as well!

Brandon

Back