• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Some Recent Pics of Zanjibil

Taybeh Chaser

A few cute pics of Zanjibil. A couple show him eating. As he often does, he started by trying to eat his mouse sideways, till I nudged it into a more reasonable position for him. Then there are some of him using his branch to stretch across his viv in mid-air. He may not have special coloring or anything, but I think he's very pretty, and he can be such a funny little guy.

Attachments

• get in my belly.jpg
    get in my belly.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 82
  • reaching for the sky.jpg
    reaching for the sky.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 82
  • something aint right.jpg
    something aint right.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 81
  • sitting pretty.jpg
    sitting pretty.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 83
  • stretchy.jpg
    stretchy.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 81
He's a lovely looking snake! But I would be feeding him something much bigger than pinkie mice at his age and size. My butter corn is around a year old and he's eating 1 medium mouse per week, he weighs around 80g and looks to be around the same size as yours. His meal should be between 1 and 1 1/2 times his width at his widest part.

Any reason why he's only eating pinks? He can totally handle hoppers/weanlings. He's very cute. <3 I love normals.

Yeah, I know he's ready for larger mice, which is why I give him two at a time. The guy I got him from brought both Z and a very small lovely baby when he came to deliver my snake plus all the supplies. He thought I might like to choose. I picked Zanjibil even though the baby was adorable, since I have no experience and was afraid I'd do something wrong trying to care for such a little one. He brought the pinkies in case I wanted the little guy, and later said I should feed Z two each week. Once these pinks run out (soon), he is going to bring me larger mice. (Just for context, you can't get mouse-cicles easily in Ramallah; they have to be brought from Jerusalem, which has a big pet shop in one of the major malls, which is where snake guy works.) Do you think he will be OK on two pinks at a time for just a little while more? Should I try to feed him three next time to use them up more quickly? Is there any harm to giving a yearling a number of pinks, as opposed to one larger mouse?

My okeetee isn't very old and appears to be smaller than yours-she eats 3 pinkies per feeding and would definately eat another if offered. We are moving her to fuzzies soon. My boyfriend feeds her every 5/6 days

Bhb reptiles did a little experiment where they fed clutchmates different sized food items, some got multiple small meals and some got one big meal, the ones fed the single large meal grew much larger than the ones fed multiple small meals. I would think it would be the other way around since smaller meals are easier to digest, but, I guess it kinda makes sense either way. Also I think he's a beautiful little corn, has a nice wash of yellow on his neck that makes his little face glow.

Bhb reptiles did a little experiment where they fed clutchmates different sized food items, some got multiple small meals and some got one big meal, the ones fed the single large meal grew much larger than the ones fed multiple small meals. I would think it would be the other way around since smaller meals are easier to digest, but, I guess it kinda makes sense either way. Also I think he's a beautiful little corn, has a nice wash of yellow on his neck that makes his little face glow.

the reason they grow better being fed single appropriately sized mice, rather than piling on the pinkies, is because as the snake grows, his calcium/fat/protein needs change, and the more mature mice contain more of what the growing snake needs. it would be like feeding a ten year old kid baby formula, just as a very generalized example.

Back