• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sound and Snake

DJTorss

Snow-Liker
I have read in a post (i dont remember the post...) that snake can hear sound located between 200 to 300 Hz frequency. Someone said: "200 to 300 Hz , the humans can't hear it." I'm a student in a sound domain, and i know that the human can hear sound located between 20 to 20 000Hz, so you can hear a sound of 200 to 300 hz.

DJTorss said:
I have read in a post (i dont remember the post...) that snake can hear sound located between 200 to 300 Hz frequency. Someone said: "200 to 300 Hz , the humans can't hear it." I'm a student in a sound domain, and i know that the human can hear sound located between 20 to 20 000Hz, so you can hear a sound of 200 to 300 hz.

OK, ..........
So what are you trying to say???
Because I don't know what or how loud 200 to 300 hz is.

Well , at firstall I had as an answer was.. "Then that person was wrong" lol

Humans can hear a range from approx 20Hz to 20kHz, you are correct there. I'm not so sure about snakes range.. But I don't really know what your point is here lol

This is a really low sound, in the bass frequencies. For example, a human male voice have an harmonic between 250 and 5000 hz approximately (not really sure but...)

Am I thinking that you're wondering (Kindof going by your name too lol) "Is my nice sub going to stress my snake out?"

Well this has been discussed, and I was wondering not long ago as I have a sub on the floor and the vivs in the next room and we have thin walls.. And I make music and I like to be loud...
and I reckon that as long as this bass isn't thumping the floor nearby the vivarium 24/7 then it won't bother the snake.

This is something I've wondered before, as my viv is on one of the shelves of the computer desk, and the computer itself has a subwoofer as well as the normal speakers. Sometimes when I play my music, the whole room shakes, so I try not to play my music that loud as often as before I moved the viv over to this desk.

Actually, now that I pay more attention to it (just tested the bass on the sub at a moderate volume), I can feel the bass up where my hands are near the keyboard, but if I play the music and put my hand in/near the viv, I don't feel anything.

Back