• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sound

Dori Edd

What is the effect of sound on corns? I know snakes use vibration to 'see' whats going on, but my house is occasionally quite noisy, (drums, musical preference etc.) Since i got the snake ive been keeping noise to a minimum, I was just wondering how tolerant they are of it?

Dont wanna stress the little fella out.

Dori Edd said:
What is the effect of sound on corns? I know snakes use vibration to 'see' whats going on, but my house is occasionally quite noisy, (drums, musical preference etc.) Since i got the snake ive been keeping noise to a minimum, I was just wondering how tolerant they are of it?

Acutally they use their eyes to see :D They use vibrations to "hear".

I would say as long as the sound/ vibrations aren't all day long I think it's fine. There are a lot of people here that rock out with their corns in the same house.

I don't see it as a problem as long as it's not every minute of every day.

Safe, i'll go crank it up to 11 then. :dunce:

Incidentally, your description of tattoos as 'like sunburn' was perfect :D

I understand it's bass frequencies they can detect more, I do play music a lot, I love it. But I was only playing a small amount of what I usually play due to the lovely sub on the floor in the room next to his. :)
He doesn't mind when I do though, I can have it at a good volume and walk in on him and he's exploring away minding his own business :D

Dori Edd said:
Incidentally, your description of tattoos as 'like sunburn' was perfect :D

That's exactly what it feels like :D EXCEPT when they hit that sensitive under arm tissue or the spine. I think the under arm tissue is worse though cause it hurts all the way across your chest!

I know I read an article that said that snakes actually hear more than we thought. Even though they have no external earflap, they still have auditory nerves and can hear sounds transmitted thru the bones in the skull. Evidently it's not just vibrations they feel.

So it's like when my grandpa turns off his hearing aid so he can listen to gossip with out people knowing? lol

Well my snakes are now in a different room than my guitars and amps. However, for a while they were in the same room and I never had any stress related problems with them, so I assume it doesn't bother them much.

Back