• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Spammers

DAND

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am rather sick of the spammers posting in multiple forums. I have an idea of how to irritate them right back. Flood their e-mail in boxes with e-mails. I believe you can send 100 e-mails per day from the likes of hotmail. If you CC and BCC them as well you can send them a total of 300 per day. Multiply that by the number of members here and they'll have a heck of a time emptying their in boxes every day.

Off to make up a hotmail address I go. :dgrin:

DAND said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am rather sick of the spammers posting in multiple forums. I have an idea of how to irritate them right back. Flood their e-mail in boxes with e-mails. I believe you can send 100 e-mails per day from the likes of hotmail. If you CC and BCC them as well you can send them a total of 300 per day. Multiply that by the number of members here and they'll have a heck of a time emptying their in boxes every day.

Off to make up a hotmail address I go. :dgrin:

Too bad only Rich can do something since nobody else is a moderator here. Guess we need to wait for him to get the spam messages. :shrugs:

Why is this suddenly happening? This has only been a recent happening as I don't ever remember it showing up in the past.

Golly gee...they seem to be picking on Stephen's forum for sure.

:flames: ....to spammers.

Ruth

HanneysCorn said:
Why is this suddenly happening? This has only been a recent happening as I don't ever remember it showing up in the past.

They suddenly come in floods like this because they're not actual people. The posts you see are generated by automatic "spam bots" - there's no human behind it. The problem is it's very hard to stop them. A family member's forum has been found by spam robots, and she gets upward of twenty spam "members" signing up every single day.

Flooding their inbox will not stop the spam. On the contrary, it may actually increase it since it verifies that you have a valid e-mail address. Best thing to do is to simply delete them.

BeckyG said:
Flooding their inbox will not stop the spam. On the contrary, it may actually increase it since it verifies that you have a valid e-mail address. Best thing to do is to simply delete them.

I think you may be missing my point. I made up a new hotmail e-mail address just to send the spammers a few hundred e-mails.

I think you may be missing the point. You are sending e-mails to a computer, a.k.a spambot, who won't read them anyway, but will register your e-mail address as a valid one and will then flood YOUR inbox with spam. Even if you made up the address just for this purpose, you'll still get a full inbox, which you will eventually have to empty, or delete the entire address.

Keep doing it if it makes you feel better, but don't expect it to solve anything.

DAND said:
I think you may be missing my point. I made up a new hotmail e-mail address just to send the spammers a few hundred e-mails.
IF you do that you are going to need to buy the Company Hat.
spam.jpg

Back