• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Spider Identification

iloveblastbeatz

I really wasn't sure where to put this thread, but I hope this is the right place lol. This spider has been living in my bushes in front of my house for a while now, and it's probably the biggest spider I've ever seen. I would really appreciate if someone knew what kind of spider it is and let me know. It's beautiful even though I'm pretty horrified by it. Any help is very appreciated!!

Attachments

• 3054d1255393928-spider-identification-img_0254.jpg
    3054d1255393928-spider-identification-img_0254.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 112
  • 3055d1255393928-spider-identification-img_0260.jpg
    3055d1255393928-spider-identification-img_0260.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 112
Looks like a Garden Spider, also known as a kind of nocturnal orb weaving spider. Very cute! We saw one that had made a web overnight on our car door once. It was amazing. Z+XD

Yep, It's an eight-legger :)

:laugh: Deffinetly. That's a pretty good photo, when i was in British Coloumbia a couple months ago, i ran into a HUUUUGE garden spider at my brothers. now my brothers kids think the 'spide' is going to eat them...:nope:
anyway. looks very similar to your 'spide'.
lucky you! to be that big, that spider must have eaten alot of mosquitos!

Yep, behold the european garden spider. We have a nice red/orange variety where I live. They began appearing 3 or 4 years ago.

Back