• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

split mouse order?

dara

Hi there.

This might seem like a weird thing, but...
I was wondering if there is anyone in the DC area who would like to *split* a frozen mouse order with me. See, I have only one snake and buying 100 (or even 50) of anything seems a bit like overkill. (I know, the solution would also be to get another snake!). Ordering in bulk is so much cheaper than paying at Petco, and I'd also much rather give my business to one of the providers everyone has given such praise to, but at the same time if I ordered in bulk I would end up wasting a lot of food because either my snake would outgrow it, or it would go more than a year in the freezer.

Anyhow. My snake is eating large fuzzies right now, soon to be hoppers. The price per mouse at Rodentpro seemed to be best, and they get nothing but high marks from everyone, but they sell in bags of 100, of which I would only need half.

So if you're around Washington DC (I live in College Park, Maryland) and want to split an order, let me know. (At the same time, if your snake isn't eating the same size food as mine, but you want to do an order together anyway to save on shipping, let me know).

So that's it, hopefully someone will be out there near me. Thanks!

Dara

It doesn't sound weird to me. I have several people in my area that split orders with me. The main benefit is splitting the shipping. This last time shipping only cost a little over 5 dollars (instead of 20 something). Four of us went together to place an order.

I would, but I'm a little too far north of the DC area (Philly-ish), and my snake is still on smaller food than that. Right now I'm working on getting him into fuzzies.

I do think that's a good idea though, and I don't know any snake people around here, so I might try to do the same thing later on.

Back