• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Splitting 1 40g tank

Renosgirl

I have read a couple threads on this but there is still some questions that I want answered without hijacking someone else thread.

So I have a 40g breeder tank and I am thinking about getting another hatchling and instead of buying a whole different tank now (I will when they are older) I was thinking I could just make the 1 into 2.

The thing is, I need to make it strong enough so that they can't destroy it but easy enough to take apart when I am done. And hopefully something that isn't going to cost me a arm and a leg.

I know how bad this is, I don't even have 1 snake and I am already thinking about the next one haha

Well, you could get plexiglass and silicon it in. That way once you are ready for them both to be in larger tanks all you have to do is take a straight razor and remove the silicon.

I have a 40 gallon zilla too and thought about doing this. I have concluded that it will not be easy to make it work with the sliding top. One would need to install a stiff wood or metal strip down the middle of the screen top. I'm talking about attaching one piece inside the screen, one outside and fasten together through the screen. Then you could determine the height of your partition so that the screen "divider" will slide along its top edge with no room for snakes to squeeze by. Easy in theory...

I like the big 40 gallon, but it is kind of too big. My 5 foot female uses it, but she could get by with less space. Funny thing is, I find myself thinking about getting rid of it so I can have more space so I can.... yup, you guessed it, get MORE snakes - LOL.

I have kept a hatchling Corn in a 40 gallon breeder and everything was perfectly fine. Just provide 2 or 3 hides and you shouldn't have any problems.

OH I know it would be alright in a 40g with enough hides, but I am just thinking of saving room and money for myself. But honestly its only 100 for the tank....

Back